Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Discovery - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDiscovery - Page 2 I_voting_barDiscovery - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Discovery - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDiscovery - Page 2 I_voting_barDiscovery - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Discovery

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

She turned around 90 degrees, sitting sideways on the stairs, her head resting against the cold engraved stone of the wall behind her. She was tired. She slept for over 3 and a half thousand years, and yet she was tired. Without even a thought of the implications, she put a hand on his arm, her eyes closed.

"The sheer magnitude of destruction we wrought in our time, is beyond comprehension. Everything that lived was eradicated. We lived only to destroy each other. The Cyar'Ika created us to win their conflict, and yet while we fought, they vanished. The pointless war continued for centuries, whenever we built something, it was destroyed not long after."

"Just imagine, a once lush and vibrant world, reduced to nothing but ash and ruins. That's why we went into stasis. Not to protect ourselves. Not to heal. But to give what we'd taken back to our world. If it lives again, and with races, then at least our work was a success. But I cannot and will not let our history infect what lives now. I would rather sacrifice myself and this temple, than to let this become a tool in another war that can destroy and eradicate everything."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Sirius sighed. The machine below him was potentially the greatest machine in the world. It could collect information from across worlds and could store many millennia of data in it. It would quite easily revolutionize the world as they knew it. However the one person who could use it refused. He could kill her but... he was tired of killing. Why add another innocent to the pile? He killed to survive. Not survived to kill. Still she had to know the truth. If they walked away someone else, potentially the enemy could find this place. Thus he gave his opinion.

"Then destroy it." Sirius said with finality. "I can guarantee that if this machine was introduced to the world outside, people would use it for war. Angels Demons, Humans, no matter who got their hands on this technology, someone would use it for war." He looked calmly at Ashe. "Even if you close all the entrances and seal the pathways, it will only be a matter of time till this place is rediscovered. Some one will with get the computer to work for them and reverse engineer it for their world. Ultimately it WILL be used for war." he shook his head. Sounds like beings from 3000 years ago weren't too different from today. They still fought, for whatever reason took their fancy. Justice, peace, land equality, war wold never die...

"I will wait here if you want," Sirius said. "Or I can go on ahead." Seeing as Ashe didn't really trust him, he includes both options to be safe. "Regardless, if you don't want this technology to fall into the wrong hands, destroy it now."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 pm

She looked at him and could see genuine truth. Had the worlds and its people fallen to only wanting war? Was that the legacy she and her people left the Angels with? She couldn't answer it for herself, and possibly walking among her kind would do her no good either. What he said was true. With some effort she got back up on her feet and continued up the stairs. The rest of the climb she said not a single word, leaving the man wondering whether she was going to just leave it there. They ultimately made it to the exit. Using the crystal she'd brought along, she basically made the doorway invisible, allowing her to view the outsides. Small amount of water, due to the storm, some rubble, but nothing major to come crashing down on them.

With a slight push the doorway opened, some stones rolling down the stairs as the water ran down along their feet. She pushed Sirius ahead out in the minor rainfall that was left of the storm, then unclasped her bow. Instead of laying an arrow on it, when she pulled the strong back an arrow of light, energy, blue essence formed onto the bow by itself. The words she then uttered only served to empower the arrow, as it grew brighter with each sound. "Vayom ton fah"

Eventually, she released, and the bright arrow travelled down the stairs they just climbed. It took a good couple seconds before it reached the core. But the effect could be seen instantly, as the symbols on the walls that were cought in the light of the night moon were dissolving, as if sprayed with acid. As the arrow hit its mark, it released energy that from all the way up where they were, even knocked them back. A loud rumble followed the bright flash, as he could see the mountain collapse on itself before him. It wasn't that the entire mountain came down, but it filled the void that was the chambers and tunnels of the ancient Temple. The evidence that they had once existed was erased, or at least as close to as possible.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Sirius didn't even try to feel disappointed. He was no scientist nor engineer who would have wept over the technology. He was frankly happier that the machine wasn't being used against him. In the end, it was gone and it was probably for the best. He just hoped he wasn't blamed for Ashe's decision. He was definitely leaving this part out of the report. The generals would eat him alive for this decision. Instead he changed his attention to Ashe.

"I don't know what that machine recorded about the current war, but you have a few choices. The demons are invading from the East and humans are coming to assist the angels in the West. I believe there is a base of Angel in the North that you could potentially work with if you don't want to work with humans." He then gestured to himself. "I am headed to the human camp to find a way home." A lie but she wouldn't know better. "You can follow me or held else where. Your choice."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 pm

She looked out over the mountain, contemplating her next move. If she followed him, she'd at least see more humans and possibly learn from them. Who they are, what they are and how they lived. But that would also create the questions of where she came from and if she was going to help in the war. Right there, she stopped thinking. The only result of any of these options would be to get involved with the war. Demons she'd fight, the Angels she'd have to help and the humans would want to have her help as well. With a quick look at Sirius, she shook her head.

"I can't. Face another war. I must do what my friends did when they awoke. I'll retreat to the forests and get my strength back. Maybe at one point I'll let you know I've recovered and you can join me. We can talk then. For now, I think it's best we both go our separate ways."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Sirius stared at her silently. If he completed his mission of destroying the Alliances chain of command then this world would probably be destroyed. If that happened and she somehow found out it was him, she would stop at nothing to kill him. From her impressive light show just a few moments before, he was rather sure she had the ability to back that threat. His sword hand twitched. Was she a threat or...? He mentally shook his head. He was counting his chickens before they hatched. Mission first, consequences later.

"Fine, I wish you luck." Sirius responded easily. "Keep a look out for patrols, both human and demon. They will bring you in for questioning or for execution depending." He considered asking of she needed any food or water, but decided against it. If she had enough strength to collapse a mountain he was relatively sure that Ashe could take care of herself. With one last nod and a goodbye, Sirius turned and left for his destination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster World Role Play :: Monster World Role Play :: Sylva - Angel World :: Mount Targon-
Jump to: