Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
First Day on the Job I_vote_lcapFirst Day on the Job I_voting_barFirst Day on the Job I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
First Day on the Job I_vote_lcapFirst Day on the Job I_voting_barFirst Day on the Job I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

First Day on the Job

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

First Day on the Job Empty
PostSubject: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm

The trip through the Gateway was as they all were. One moment you're here, then you're there. It was like walking out of a door. The safe confines of the Human World made way for the soothing yet dangerous outdoors of the Angel World. What she saw when they arrived was only to be described with 1 word. Unbelievable.

Rows upon rows of battle droids, formed up in testudo's of 20 by 20. In between their ranks there were AAT's, or more commonly known as the Droid Tanks, with their barrels pointed dead ahead. Battalions gathering up, as human commanders were discussing strategies and informing look outs of what they should expect to see. An entire operations base was just at their left, as if it'd been here for months, instead of a week. The numbers were staggering, and the image of what was before them was one you would definitely not forget. Just as they passed the first waypoint, the team could see how an MTT deployed the troops, placing the entire testudo ready on the ground, folded, before releasing the clamps and withdrawing the deployment system. The droids then unfolded, grabbed their rifles from their back and turned 90 degrees, to all face forward, and they were battle ready.

Lucien looked at Tiara, while Chung remained perfectly still, keeping his glance at the bench in front of him, begging the question if he was still alive. Rose whipped out a gun, playing around with the clip inside as Asura couldn't help but jump up from her seat and block the view for Tiara by pressing her face against the window. Lucien smirked at Tiara.

"It's quite something to see it for the first time in such grandeur, no?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Tiara didn't know what Lucien was referring to. The Angel world or the army. She had been to the angel world before, on diplomatic trips with her father. It wasn't like the new world excited her anymore than the last time she was here. Asura had finally grown bored of the scenery giving Tiara a look through the window. The army below certainly didn't help in the beauty aspect. While the droids moved in tandem with each other like some synchronized dance, it only gave Tiara a sense of impending doom. They were headed to the battle field, against an enemy that they had just finished fighting.

"It is certainly a sight to see." Tiara responded plainly looking back at Lucien was a small smile. The human world had lost much of it's beauty after the war. She was certain that the Angel world would share the same fate.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Instead of landing with the rest of the army, their shuttle kept going for about 15 minutes until it reached their forward command base. There was about 1500 droids stationed in and around the base, with more than sufficient heavy equipment, such as MTT's and AAT's to provide artillery cover fire. After the shuttle landed, the hatch opened, with droids instantly coming in to retrieve the supplies. Chung came to life again, got up and just walked out of the shuttle without saying a word, or even looking upon the newcomer. Asura hopped over to him and clinged herself to his arm, resulting in the first response of Chung towards any of them, namely looking down at Asura, then letting her hang on his arm like he accepted his fate. Lucien waved Tiara along as he and Rose left the shuttle as well.

"Briefing will be in 5 minutes, they'll give us the rundown of the situation with all other human personel. Then we'll be taken apart from the rest and assigned to our quarters. If I'm right, we'll also get an audiance with the Leader of this whole party. She'll give us a general diea of why we're here."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Tiara nodded and sooner that she wound have liked the five minutes had passed.As the humans gathered together in a large tent, Tiara was surprised on how little there were. To be fair there were at least a hundred men and women present but in the Republic army there would be a thousand or more. This thought was cast aside when the man in front started to speak.

It is was a basis logistics speak, but Tiara latched onto every word. The man detailed where there deployments were headed and where they believe demons were holing up for their bases. He also spoke of the angel refugee camps and the resistance in the mountains. The details were vague thought and Tiara wish she had more background to the event other than mere updates. Still the meeting came to an end and Tiara was lead to the next conversation. Hopefully this one would be more enlightening.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 pm

The delta team was allowed in, but Tiara had to stay outside. For the next 10 minutes, she had to sit by idly while the rest of the team was given their special briefing and possibly missions. Afterthe time had passed, the team all came out of the office, none of them any different from when they entered, though Tiara did get a glimpse of Chung's face as he just put his helmet on. All that she was able to notice were bright green eyes. Lucien gave her a nod as they passed by, letting her know she was good to go in.

As Tiara entered, she could see the office around her had a very different vibe as that of the rest of the compound. While the whole building was metal bulkheads and such, this office was a delight. Hand crafted interior, wooden furniture and a few paintings. At the desk sat a young woman, green long hair, in an official looking suit. She gestured her over, having one chair standing ready for her.

"Come on in, seat's right here."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Tiara enter the room and slide into the seat provide for her. She took in the surroundings with a quick look. The room was not heavily decorated, but a map of what seemed to be the angel world was displayed on the wall. The desk was mostly filled with paperwork, and Tiara could spot many a pen among the mess. She wanted to look further, but snooping around an office while the person was before her would be a foolish move.

"Hello, I am Tiara. To get a better understanding of the Alliance's position, I have volunteered my service to the Alliance. May I ask who you are?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:06 pm

The woman looked up, a black librarian style glasses on her nose, behind which her golden eyes looked straight into Tiara's. Taking her glasses off, she rubbed her eyes for a second, then placed the glasses on the desk, leaning back into the chair to get a bit more comfortable of all the sitting she'd been doing these days.

"I'm the one running the whole show. My name is Eleanor Christine Courtenay, I'm the effective President of the Corporate Alliance. And yes, I know, it's unusual for the CEO of the entire Alliance to be right at the front. But I have a better view while I'm down here."

She searched the paperwork on the table a bit while talking, looking for something, which she ultimately found by having the great idea of opening drawers with even more paperwork, one containing the file about Tiara.

"So what I have on you is that you are, were, rather, the face of the Human Military. You had a run in with Cole and he somehow convinced you to take a peek here, after what he described as a "disastrous show" in front of the Senate." She looked up from the paper and back at Tiara. "So what's your personal goal here? What are you trying to achieve, why are you really here."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Tiara slightly narrowed her eyes. She had literally just explained why she was there. Still is was normal for someone to be suspicions especially of someone like her. She had to take this slowly and prove her innocence.

"After my argument with the council, I met with Cole about the situation of the war. He then convinced me that the Angels deserved a chance even though they did not assist us in the last war. I came to see with my own eyes whether or not this was the case. I know that I was portrayed as the face of the Republic but I didn't want to be a doll in a case. I want to see what is happening on the front line and decide for myself whether this is a cause that the human should be backing."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 pm

"Oh, that's funny, 'cuz you see I have here in the file saying you were, how did you put it, 'The sooner we get to the battle field the better.' I don't know how you think about it but that sort of comment raises a couple flags with me. Is this really about seeing if our cause is just, or are you trying to get yourself killed in the hopes to prove yourself to someone?"

She knew what kind of man her father was, she'd followed politics for quite a while. Now that she was deep into the game herself, things that were said on the tv that used to make no sense, now suddenly do. But she also knew the effects of pressure.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm

"Get myself killed?" Tiara hissed. Was Eleanor insinuated that she wanted to die as some war hero? Some sacred warrior that died gracefully on the battle field. No, she wanted to live and learn what the world had to offer.

"Who would I be proving myself to by being killed? Anyone in the Republic would find me dying in the name of the Alliance to be a shame especially my father." Tiara continued icily. "If I wanted to throw my life away, there are far easier ways to do so."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am

"Exactly. So if you came here with ideals of grandeure to prove to the world and probably your father that you're not a china doll, but in fact worthy, honorable and that you stand with the people or anything, you can take the next trip home. Frankly, I'm not even gonna amuse you to just let you question whether these Angels deserve the chance to live, it's not up to you. We fight here for them, so that they can live their lives after this all is over. And when they survive, then, then they can atone for what they've done wrong. Then we can point fingers at the ones that left us to die in the last war. So right now you have a very simple choice. You fight for our cause, whether you're true to the Alliance or the Republic, I don't care, but you fight for the cause to save the Angels from this massacre, or you can turn around and leave."

She had seen the posters, she'd seen the propaganda that Tiara was in back in Niarja. Even when she worked as a nurse to help the wounded men and women, she heard their stories that they hoped they were good enough to have fought for her, even several who claim they'd seen her guide them on the battlefield. And if there was anything Eleanor hated, it was empty gestures. And now the child tries to prove her worth by fighting the for the Angels, if she thinks they deserve it. The arrogance made her sick.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Tiara held back her lip as she internally seethed. Was everyone in the Alliance this arrogant? She had come to help, she had professed this more than a few times. Yet, she was constantly pushed by wave after wave of animosity. She was at least trying break out of her shell and attempt to judge for herself whether the angels were good or bad. Yet the people around her couldn't do the same. They were trapped by their petty hate towards her. She had turned over a new leaf but they had hadn't even tried.

"I have already stated my intention of helping the angels." Tiara snapped. "Furthermore, regardless of my thoughts of the angels I am putting it aside to work for the greater good." Tiara looked Eleanor in the eye. "I am not claiming to be perfect but you should stop holding your grudge against me. We have never met and yet you have already judged my character from outside information. You're no different from me, judging without looking for the truth."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Eleanor folded her hands calmly, looking back at her. If there was anything true about what she said, it was that she was trying. She knew that the girl came to relatively seen an enemy camp to try and help the people she publicly deemed unworthy of saving because of their desinterest in the Humans back in the last war. Regardless of that, it was things she said that made Eleanor wary of the girl.

"Look, in no way am I holding it against you that you came here, there is no prejudice against you that you're an evil person that should be stonewalled at every chance given, but as you said in your own worth, you want to see if this is a cause worth backing. If someone doubts whether saving an entire race from persecution or annihilation is a worthy cause, then I doubt their integrity all over. It's not up for debate. Especially when we're talking about a non combatant race that's passive. Now if the Demons were to be extinct I'd be more leaning towards your approach, but that's not the case. So, the general point I'm trying to make here, is it's not a question of whether the Angels are worth saving, it's the question if you're gonna let your grudge over their actions gonna weigh more than their right to survival. And if you can't answer that, then I may as well send you home, because I cannot and will not use someone who fights in special missions and at the point that it matters, she just turns her back at the Angels because she thinks they deserve it."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Tiara frowned as Eleanor made her point. The risk of sending in a potentially apathetic soldier could be fatal. If one did not care for the cause or even worse disliked it, the operation could become sour. Tiara had to give credit to the woman. She knew her tactics.

"I won't allow an angel to die if I can help it." Tiara said. "As I said, I am trying figure out where I stand. That doesn't mean I will stand back and do nothing. I wiped the slate clean so to speak. The angels are no different that we were in the war and I will my best for them. If they are as good as you claim then there won't be any problems. However if I do reach the opposite conclusion, I will more than willing to be transported off the premise."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm

She understood the girl was trying to do the right thing and wanted to help those in need, but in her attempts, she contradicted herself and either tried too hard and lost eye on the point, or was still too confused to make a right call.

"It's good to hear that, but in the end the fact remains the same. If you're deployed, the moment you start a mission, you are being relied on. You cannot just bail halfway down an op, because you changed your mind. We need to be sure that you are willing to fight and even die for this cause. Until you can say that, I'm afraid I cannot allow you to join in, especially in a delta squad. It's too much of a liability, for the team, for you but also for innocents out there."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 pm

"I won't bail in the middle of an operation." Tiara said. "That would not only endanger the lives of my teammates, but many others as well. Regardless of how I feel or what conclusion I reach, I will not give up a mission or harm any allies, angels included. If I do reach said conclusion I will keep that judgement to myself and will complete my mission without bias. I am not stupid enough to think that I will get away scot free if I decide to deliberately mess up on a mission or allow an innocent to come to harm."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 9:05 pm

She took notes of what she said and put her glasses back on, keeping silent for a couple seconds before resuming what she had said and responding to Tiara's statements.

"During the last War, I wasn't in politics. I wasn't even in the army. I was pulled from my work to be a nurse at a local hospital down in Niarja. I had people speak of you, hoping they did their best to please you with their dying breath. I've seen the receiving end of that war. What you'll see out there is not glory, it's not honor, it's gonna be horror, in ways you'll never forget. If you're willing to set foot on that battlefield, and you're willing to swear you will not willingly obstruct the operations or let people die because of a personal opinion, then."

She paused, grabbing a form and sliding ot over to her across the desk. "Then I want you to fill this out, find the local psychiatrist and get a test done. It's not an insanity test, but a shrink evaluation, probing whether you're mentally stable enough for a mission. I just wanted to personally see how you'd respond, what your intentions were and if you were as bad as I thought you were. Even I can be wrong at times. Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Tiara smiled. "Thank you, I hope I am proven wrong too." She accepted the paper and gracefully left the tent. Perhaps there would be hardships ahead of her, but she would strive through them. She didn't what laid at the end of this tunnel but she wasn't going to give up halfway.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 pm

The team awaited her return from the shrink test at their designated barracks. It wasn't much, but it was something. Chung wasn't in the main room, probably in his bunk, losing the weight of his armor, while Rose was dealing cards to what looked like poker between her, Asura and Lucien. The latter was the only one who got up to greet her.

"Hey, we got a memo that you're good to take the shrink test. Wanna come sit down with the group and discuss it?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Tiara sat down and held out the results. She had received a passing grade from the physician. She had been a kind woman and asked several questions to Tiara. How she would react in a certain situation or what would her first action be if ambushed. The rest of the test had gone smoothly and Tiara returned to the tent with head held high.

"I passed." She said with a smile. "The tests weren't too difficult and they said I was fit for service." She mentally thanked her father for the discipline training. As long as she could help, she would be growing more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Day on the Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster World Role Play :: Monster World Role Play :: Sylva - Angel World :: Flowerbeds at Shaylian Falls-
Jump to: