Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThree steps ahead - Page 2 I_voting_barThree steps ahead - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThree steps ahead - Page 2 I_voting_barThree steps ahead - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Three steps ahead

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Three steps ahead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:34 am

"I guess first watch..." She was always an early riser, despite her daughter's complaints. Thinking of it made her chuckle, and she looked towards the cooking meat. "...we are taught growing up that everything has a spirit, and we should respect them since they are here to provide for us, as well as everything else in nature." She pointed to the campfire, elaborating more. "The wood and leaves in the fire are forest spirits...the deer you killed is an animal spirit. The fire is one of destruction and creation mixing together, and the smoke is a signal to the heavens that we are using them."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 am

An interesting thought but not something Sirius would get into. It sounded like a religion of sorts and while that was all well and good some had a tendency to become... cultish. He kept his thought to himself, of course. There was no need to create unnecessary tension between travelers. Instead he moved the cooked pieces to the side and allowed them to begin to cool while cutting more pieces from the raw meat. He would cook it all tonight, hopefully dry it out enough for jerky the following day.

"I don't have any plates or utensils." Sirius said as he began to cook the next batch of meat. "You can help yourself, just be careful, it's still hot."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 am

"I will wait for it to cool." She watched. His skills were good, probably trained. She was against killing, but knew it was necessary for living. She hummed a soft tune as he went, a lullaby she had sung to her daughter, and one that had been sung to her by her own mother in turn. It was a good way to pass the time, and she had always been complimented on her voice.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:56 am

Sirius worked tirelessly between eating and cooking. The tune that Tsunnau hummed was surprisingly calming. Usually outside distractions were annoying but the tune was nice and Sirius working in time to the soft notes. Finally after arduous labor, the meat had all been cooked. Sirius had eaten his fill and allowed the fire to die down. Once that was done, he moved the cooked meat back over the coals to dry them out to make jerky. He stared at the remains of the fire drinking in the warmth it gave.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:02 am

After he finished, she took a few of the pieces that had cooled completely, eating her fill. "Thank you for the meal." She resumed humming, occasionally adding in words in her native language. It added a bit of mystique to the song making it a little more magical than it really was.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 am

Finally the remainder of the meat had dried and he slowly packaged the rest for later consumption. He looked at his watch and it told him that it was 10pm at least in the human world. Did the angel world have different time zones? Sirius was too exhausted to think about it. Regardless he wanted to move at 6am so they had eight hours to rest. which meant four hours for each. With practiced efficiency he drew out his sleeping bag and soon crawled inside.

"Keep the fires stoked" Sirius ordered tiredly. "Wake me up immediately if anything happens. If not I will see you in four hours." With that last order Sirius laid back and allowed the melody to lull him into a light sleep.

Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 8:49 pm

She did as she was asked, occasionally adding fuel to their fire. She hummed and sang to pass the time, keeping watch as she did so. Toward the end of her watch, she nudged Sirius awake, yawning. "My watch is...over." She laid down next to him, not really caring about keeping her dress clean. The grass was soft enough for her at this point.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Sirius awoke and was instantly alert. There was not time to feel tired in enemy territory. As quietly as he could, he removed himself from his sleeping bag. He took a quickly look around the camp. Tsunnau was laying beside him clearly already asleep. The fire was beginning to burn low but adding logs would fix that. Still, Sirius had told her to keep the fire up to keep herself warm, as she had no equipment to do so. With a sigh he unzipped the sleeping bag and draped it over his companion. He would rather not have catch a cold. He quickly dowsed the fire after that and attuned his senses to the dark.

Sirius' battle instincts tingled before he heard the noise. He immediately ducked low as he heard the humming of engines. He withdrew his katana as the noises grew closer. Tsunnau was still asleep, and Sirius decided to allow her. Waking her abruptly may cause her to startle giving away their position. Thus Sirius waited with baited breathe as the noise approached.

Last edited by Omega Shadow on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin - Kai'Sa
Administrator
Administrator
Admin - Kai'Sa

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 9:07 pm

As the two changed shifts, sounds nearby could be heard. No animals, no murmuring, but the sound of engines. Before they could see exactly what it was, headlights showed up from the treeline, 200 meters from their position, goint frmo their left to their right. Three pairs, in an upside down triangle formation. And that revealed what they were, which was important for Sirius particularly.

What he saw were battle droids, as they'd been described. Thin, about 6 feet 2, light brown, like sand color, on some design of a vehicle that matched their dimensions, clearly armed with dual laser weapons on top and headlights between them. They moved through the clearing, after which the front two split up to their respective sides and followed the treeline. The right one's headlights shone for a split second across their camp, and then the droid flew past them, barely a meter from the two, before they joined up with the 3rd in the center, who had apparently done a quick 180 degrees turn around, and returned to the forest where they came from.

A small long range scout party of battle droids, used by the Alliance Army.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Sirius immediately was in motion once the droids had passed. He tore the sleeping bag from Tsunnau and shook her gently as he could in his haste. He was surprised she had slept through the roar of the engines.Regardless they needed to get out of there...now.

"Wake up," he hissed. "We need to get moving if there are already droid scouting units here." He did not want to mess around with a droid army. They were the type to attack first and ask questions later.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Tsunnau opened her eyes halfway, still drowsy. "...do...wha now...?" She sat up, rubbing her eyes, yawning. "Whas going on...?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 11:44 pm

"A droid scouting party just passed us." Sirius repeated as he packed up the remainder of his gear. "We need to get out of here now. I do not want to be around when they come marching through here." He took a look around the campsite before kicking dirt into the fire pit concealing the fact that people had been here. With one last look at his compass he hiked the pack further onto his back and gave one more backwards glance.

"I will scout ahead for any signs of danger, catch up when you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 pm

She simply sat there, looking around, seeing nothing but trees and darkness. "...mus be imagining...there is nothing here..." She laid back down, closing her eyes again. He must be jumpy, if he was waking her up so soon after switching shifts. She'd seen and heard nothing while she was on watch.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 am

Sirius crept through the undergrowth and breathed a sigh of relief when he so no other traces of droid activity. They still had time to spare. This was a perfect opportunity to get out of there without anyone knowing. He looked at his watch. Good it had only been a minute, Tsunnau would catch up soon and they could leave. However one minute soon turned to five and Sirius was at the end of his patience.

"I swear if she is asleep I am going to gut her like a fish." He ground out and he stalked back towards the clearing. To his anger he found her where he left he, sleeping on the ground. Resisting the urge to kick her away, he knelt down again and shook her, more violently this time.

"Get up!" He said in a fierce whisper. "We need to move!"
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:20 am

She opened her eyes a little again. She resisted the urge to slap him for waking her up, but sat up again. "Why must you insist on leaving...? I do not hear anything but the wind." Knowing she wouldn't get any further rest, she simply stood up, yawning.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 am

"It's not my fault that you sleep like a log." Sirius snapped angrily. "I told you that a patrol passed by about seven minutes ago. If they return soon they are sure to spot us. We need to get out of here before they turn around. Sirius silently prayed that the droids had only start their scouting mission instead of ending it. He had lost enough time coming back to wake this woman us. Now they would have to use more time to try and put distance between them and the patrol.

"If you lay down again I am leaving you." He threatened. With that he turned on his heel and walked back into the forest trying to control his anger.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 am

She followed him, yawning. She would trust his judgment, since she didn't want to get in trouble herself. "Very well...lead on."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 am

Sirius resisted the urge to grow his teeth into dust. He needed to act professional. She was a civilian and with that came misfortune. He shouldn't blame her for doubting his orders. She was probably deep asleep and wouldn't of heard the engine like he did. Still it was frustrating working with them. They were ill prepared and reacted slower to stimuli that other soldiers. This was one of the reasons he liked solo missions.

"Thanks to our early start we will get to the temple sooner than expected." Sirius announced as he pressed forward. "We can then decide our next course of action."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:46 am

She nodded in agreement. "Alright. I thought you did not want to go to the temple though...?" They were supposed to turn to the west and avoid it, had he changed his mind? "...right? Or have your plans changed?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 1:01 am

Sirius mentally cursed at his slip up. Still he needed to get to the temple and learn about the troops stationed there. Thus he quickly decided on a believable story.

"Because of the scouts I saw I need to know if the situation at the temple is changing. There could be a chance that it is being liberated." It was not the best story but believable. Still he didn't need to drag a civilian into it. Thus he decide to send her a word of caution. "It might be dangerous. You can follow me if you want but you also have the choice to keep going. Your call."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 pm

She nodded, yawning as they walked. If it was being liberated, she would probably stick around to help with things...there was sure to be many injured people. "I see...well, I will try my best to help them recover." After that, she'd make her way north, towards her homeland in the mountains.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Sirius kept his face passive. It had been a white lie. It wold probably eventually be liberated, but certainly not now. Still Sirius had information to gather and he wasn't about to stop. He stealthy made his way to the outer limits of the temple. Silently, he climbed a nearby tree and once he was up it took out his binoculars. The temple was, as expected, flooded with demons. Some on patrols others just wandering around. They seemed to have set up a solid base camp, here at the temple. But why? Did it have sort of resource. Ignoring the question he pulled out his notebook and start to furiously take notes on modifications and numbers about the camp. This would prove valuable intel for his superiors.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Tsunnau sat at the base of the tree, waiting for him to finish what he was doing. She kept an eye out as best she could, as tired as she was. "Well...I sure chose a wonderful time to come home..." She yawned again, looking up into the tree.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 pm

"Oh is this your home?" Sirius froze as another voice echoed in their surroundings. He looked down to see a demon smiling sickly at the both of them. Clearly was confident in his strength if he chose not to take them by surprise. He leapt down from the tree immediately and after landed with his sword already drawn. This was not good seeing as they were deep in enemy territory.

"Do you plan to fight?" The demon laughed drawing both of his swords. "I, Roach second leader of the Traide, will take you up on that challenge." Sirius had no idea what that meant but was fairly sure that they couldn't beat him, especially if he called for back up.

"Tsunnau, on the signal run as fast as you can." Sirius hissed and he withdrew and smokescreen canister from his jacket pocket. "get home if you can I will be headed to my original destination. He clicked the switch and tossed the can at Roach. On reaction Roach sliced the can in half the smoke billowing out of the can enveloping them in thick smoke. Like a stone from a sling, Sirius bolted into the smoke and pass the demon. With in seconds he was already several meters away and once the smoke cleared, it was impossible to tell where he had gone.

Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 pm

Tsunnau was a bit slow to react, but went deeper into the forest, towards the mountains. She almost tripped a few times, but she kept running. She knew firsthand how ruthless a demon could be, so she wasn't about to stick around... "Wh-why me...?" She should have stayed with Tsun in the monster world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three steps ahead   Three steps ahead - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three steps ahead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster World Role Play :: Monster World Role Play :: Sylva - Angel World :: Grasslands of Shan-
Jump to: