Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Side Story - Between Rounds I_vote_lcapSide Story - Between Rounds I_voting_barSide Story - Between Rounds I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Side Story - Between Rounds I_vote_lcapSide Story - Between Rounds I_voting_barSide Story - Between Rounds I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Side Story - Between Rounds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Side Story - Between Rounds Empty
PostSubject: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 am

Akame stepped out of the shower. She'd just gotten the message while showering, a holo in the wall, showing her new match up. Yesterday she faced off against Spirit, the Shaddoll user. He was strong but ultimately stood no chance against her. Towel wrapped around her waist, she opened her closet to get her some clothes for the day. Today's opponent had lost his former match. She hadn't witnessed the duel, but she heard he got destroyed without a single chance to come back. Which made it more interesting for her to see who his opponent was and what he wielded. After getting dressed she went down by elevator, all prepared for facing her opponent, then walked into the lobby of the hotel she was staying at and eventually out on the street of New Pendragon. The city of progress, the center of the world.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 10:54 am

Rachel watched as the cars and people passed by, duel disk on her hip. She'd been trounced this entire day, but she loved her deck. She was just in this for fun, but it was a bit disheartening to lose every round.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:11 am

Akame walked a couple blocks before spotting a duelist at the sidewalk, observing the traffic. Her opponent would undoubtedly try to avoid her first so she figured she had some time on her hands to spend before she'd start tracking down her to be victim. "Hey. I see you're a duelist."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:15 am

Rachel looked in the direction of the newcomer. "Oh, hello." She stood up brushing off her clothes. "Yes, I'm a duelist...did you want something?" She set a hand on the disk, ready to put it on if she needed to.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:17 am

"You're not in the Prelims of the Grand Prix if I'm right. You here to watch?" She had memorized all faces of all opponents in the current whole competition. All other 15. Even though it was not entirely required, since she'd only have to worry about each current opponent. But she liked being prepared, and besides, she had nothing better to do with her time in this wretched city.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:26 am

"Yes and no." She stretched, having been sitting for a bit, then looked around. "I'm not a part of the competition, but I don't simply watch, either. I assume you're one of the finalists?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:29 am

"Finals are ways off. But I'm in Group A. I still have a match today and tomorrow, before we move on to the finals. Name's Akame." She offered her hand to shake, dueldisk already around her wrist for if her enemy would show up by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:31 am

She shook her hand. "Rachel. Nice to meet you. Saw your duels, by the way. Not much I can do against you." She chuckled a little. "I've been getting knocked flat all day."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:33 am

"Have you? What are you using?" She'd never really cared much for others or their problems, but once the game came looking around the corner she was all ears. and maybe she could help someone become better, would always make her feel better and to some degree superior.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 am

"A deck I made myself. I don't play seriously though, which may be the reason why." She chuckled again, not really ashamed of having lost so much today. "It is a hybrid Watt and Ghostrick deck."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:38 am

She put a finger on her mouth, looking up thinking about the possibilities. There were some, mostly with attack denial, but there was little to no synergy between them. "I'll have to admit, it's not exactly a working formula. Maybe if you focus on a certain engine of the two, it might work."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 am

She smiled. "I don't exactly play to win either, I guess. I mostly like the cards I play with. I will try your suggestions when I return home though..." She looked up at the sky, seeing the clouds roll by. "...I assume you're a Pro player?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:45 am

She shrugged smiling somewhat oddly. "Sort off. I like the thrill of the challenge, the excitement before the duel and the adrenaline of the duel itself."She figured best not to share her real reasons, definitely not to someone she'd just met. "Another idea is splitting the deck into two. So you have two decks with cards you enjoy and both being capable of performing better."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:47 am

"I guess. The Watts are so cute, but so are the Ghostricks~." She smiled. "I can't play two decks at the same time, so I took the cards I like from each one and put them in a single deck. I already said that I don't really play to win, so it doesn't matter if I win or lose."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:51 am

"Hmm." Akame looked over at the street. No sign of other duelists nearby, let alone her opponent. But that wasn't a problem, she wasn't too set on dueling this given moment. "So will you be watching the coming matches? Or you rather not bother with the competitive dueling?"
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:53 am

"Oh, I watch. My parents dropped me off here, so I'm here for the entire tournament...I have a place to stay too, if it is going to last more than a day. I just pass the time by playing other people with one of these duel disks." She patted hers as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:57 am

Akame nodded. "It'll definitely last longer than a day. Each day there are rounds, where the opponents have to find each other in the city. At the end of each days, scores are all uploaded and the new match ups will be announced the next morning. Today's Tuesday, second day. Thursday, each of the 4 groups will have 2 duelists that advance to the finals. It will be a single elimination. So everyone gets appointed an opponent, and if you lose, you're out. Then you go on until one remains." And given her opposition so far, uit didn't seem like a really hard competition, but it might change. For all she knew, she was ditched in a group with the worse ones.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:01 pm

"I see. Better contact my folks then..." She pulled out her phone, typing away a text message. "You said you had to find your opponent? If so, I'd better not keep you too long..."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:08 pm

"I'm not looking right now. He probably avoids me anyway. But if you have other things to do, you can. I simply got caught up talking. The game does that to me sometimes." She turned her gaze back to Rachel. How could losing not bother her? It's a show of incompetence and just a reminder of your failure.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:22 pm

"Nah, I'm just people watching right now, the occasional duel here and there." She put away her phone. "Just how long odes it normally take to find your opponents?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:25 pm

"Depends on how eager they are to duel. My current opponent lost his previous match, while I won it, so he won't be exactly excited to duel me. But at the end of the day, he'll have to. Else he gets given an auto loss if I can show he was avoiding me. Which is easy, since we can be tracked at all times. so they know who's avoiding and who isn't."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:31 pm

"Well, you're not actively seeking him out, doesn't that count as avoiding?" She sat back down, this time at the edge of the bench in case she wanted to sit down as well.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Akame sat down next to Rachel, pulling out her deck. "Not exactly. If by the end of the day I haven't done any attempts to find him, then I'll be considered avoiding. If we both do it, it'll be a tie." She sifted through her cards. They were custom made, based in the files she'd seen. One of the few people who had been allowed to create their own Deck.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:37 pm

"I see." She watched. "So what do you use? I don't think I've ever seen cards like those around here...you from North Academy?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 pm

She shook her head. "I resided at the Black Rose academy a while. Or what's left of it. Majestic ruins, really. But in the end, only ruins. No, I'm from a village far to the east. I won a selection once, allowing me to create my own custom deck. I'd seen files of something, I probably shouldn't have, but I based it off of those." She showed the PROJECT deck to Rachel, not handing it over, but opening the cards in a waver form for her to see them. "I'll have to start finding him now, though. I'll be here afterwards, when the results are made public."

Easily had been 6 hours. Akame didn't expect Rachel to be there again, or still, but she figured it was a nice distraction to go to their previous meeting spot. Sitting down on the same bench, she closed her eyes, listening intently to everything around her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side Story - Between Rounds   Side Story - Between Rounds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Side Story - Between Rounds
Page 1 of 1