Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Surprising Return I_vote_lcapSurprising Return I_voting_barSurprising Return I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Surprising Return I_vote_lcapSurprising Return I_voting_barSurprising Return I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Surprising Return

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Snow had started falling all over New Pendragon. It was early for that sort of weather, but not unheard of. The cold front and creeping ice plates in the northern reaches of the city however, were. The gateways had been locked down for research, so the only possible way for the adventurous souls to venture out in the unknown was through Arakai's gates. Her footsteps were slow, and the cloak she had around her kept her somewhat warm from the cold snow, for as far as it was even required. She felt on her chest, the scar still fresh and stitches still there. She'd have to go back in 2 days to have the wound checked out. She stopped at one of the benches and sat down. Park duty had already cleaned them from snow in the morning. She was surprised to hear the news. Pendragon Government fallen, the freedom returned to the people, all the projects and experiments ceased. Like the whole world just got flipped back into place as it should have been.

She took a handful of snow from the ground, feeling the soft cold flakes in her hands. The cloak practically concealed her entirely, white fabric matching the environment. She didn't really feel much for being seen or recognized, but she wanted desperately to go out and walk around. She needed it. No matter how wounded she was, she always needed the air of outside, even though in the city that air seemed to be of somewhat less quality. Regardless, she needed it. Looking as the snow melted in her gloves, she wondered how the others were doing. Arakai was a massacre, one huge mess. She was lucky to be alive, considering.

Letting the snow fall from her hand back onto the ground, she looked up and took a deep breath, before realizing she shouldn't do that, due to the instant sharp pain in her torso. Taking a bit to get herself back together, she stood up again, to return to the makeshift medical facility they'd made for her. But having failed to look around as she got up, she bumped into someone, taking the other with her to the ground. She was lucky, falling on her side and in the soft snow, breaking her fall. She looked at whoever she just knocked over. "Sorry, I was not looking, wasn't paying attention."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 3:41 am

Ayumi had finally made it to the big city. She had been hoping to make the trip ages ago, but with the political tension and attacks, she felt she could wait till everything settled down. She had heard rumors that Arakai was in ruins and didn't want to take any chances when it came to Pendragon. After the turmoil had settle, she finally took the chance. The streets were as lively as she had heard. She walked through the streets taking in the sights. A few word here and there earned her a free apple and directions to the gardens.

Unfortunately, with the oncoming cold, the gardens were less appealing than originally claimed. The plants wither due to the frost and the snow that flutter to the ground did nothing to help the freezing flowers. Thankfully the jacket she wore helped her combat the chill. So distracted in her musings, she didn't notice the figure before her, wrapped in white. In flurry of motion, she found herself on the ground. Anger surged within her until she heard the apology. It was a woman's voice, much better than the alternative.

"It's fine, I should have been watching myself." She quickly stood up and brushed off the snow and extended a hand to help up the other woman. "My name is Ayumi. May I have your name?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 7:58 am

She grabbed her hand in a strong grip when the girl pulled her up, much firmer than you'd expect from any woman. Once back on her feet, she didn't bother to dust the snow off. It'd melt in a while anyway. "Thanks, my name's .. Sarah." It was way better to not use her real name. If there were loyalists out there, now would be the worst time to have them find her. Couldn't have her chance at a second life go poof due to her carelessness.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 11:45 pm

"There is not much to see here," Ayumi comment taking a cursory look around the garden. "I was hoping to see the garden famous for its wide variety of plants. It seems I chose the wrong time though. Winter seems to have come much earlier." With that another gust of cold wind tugged at Ayumi's cloak. It was only then did she realize she was rambling in front of Sarah.

"My apologies, did you have somewhere to be? I would hate to delay you with my nonsense." She presented a smile to Sarah hoping to ease any tension she felt.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:10 am

She shook her head lightly. "Not quite. Not so much somewhere to be, rather that I'm not really allowed to be out at all. Doctors orders and all that. I find the outside to work more wonders than any medical treatment though, so he can climb a tree for all I care." The snow from her coat had already vanished. She knew this wasn't natural, she'd been around too long. This was man-made, or at least affected by someone. She sat back on the bench, feeling her gut turn a bit. Her landing had been soft, but the bump hadn't. She hoped to hell the stitches bandages and all the other stuff they pumped into her wouldn't backfire, fail or break now due to the collision. "You'll have to admit though that there's a certain beauty in the snow, too. And maybe these gates opening are the cause for season to reverse or go all wacky. Who knows."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Ayumi laughed as she heard as she heard Sarah's view about her doctor. Males were truly inferior in this world. Ayumi frowned as she heard Sarah's theory about the gates bringing in the cold winter early. From what little she heard from shop keepers and word of mouth the gates had been open for sometime before the winter early approach. If these portals were as ancient as described there should be at least a warning of some kind about a dramatic shift in nature. And if this world was feeling the effects of an early winter then the places connected to the gates should be facing a similar problem. However, Ayumi had not been through the gates and was unable to make a sound judgement on the situation.

"Perhaps you're right." She agreed unable to discard Sarah's theory. "I wonder if the world's they are connected to are experiencing the cold the same as us."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 11:19 pm

"Perhaps." She felt weak again. Stayed out too long yet again, against the doctors orders. If he'd let her out more often she wouldn't have to sneak away all the time and she'd not overstay her welcome. Maybe he'd listen to her this time. She wasn't the only one who was getting sick and tired, quite literally, of him having to redo the bandages and stitches every time she returned. Clasping her coat and fitting it tighter around herself, she looked back at Ayumi and managed a poor excuse of a smile. "Well, I think I should go again, or the doc will kill me before the cold will."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Ayumi returned the smile as best she could. "I am not trying to sound presumptuous but do you need any help? I can accompany you back if you like." Ayumi knew that being too friendly would not help her with the female population. However, she would rather not part with a woman that she could assist. God forbid a male come to his senses and help Sarah back to her home. Besides, she was interesting to speak to and she could possible learn more about what had happened in the city. She would rather listen to a woman than a male's wild fantasies and tales.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:17 pm

The smile vanished from her face and turned into a grimace as she felt her muscles contract around the wound. Her hand instantly grabbed Ayumi's arm for something to hold on while she breathed in deep. "Yeah, I think that's smart, actually." The idea of going out seemed to get worse and worse. Last times it hadn't been this bad, but then again, last time she didn't ram someone on her way back. And god knows what could happen now if she went alone.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:14 pm

It had been a week since her last visit here. The girl before had brought her to the location from which she was forced to go alone, to avoid suspicion from others. The wound that she's forced last week was healing properly now, and allowed her for more freedom. She now had daily allowance to go outside, granted she was well dressed in the cold of the apparent winter, and wouldn't force herself to stay afoot for too long. She was back at the bench she'd met Ayumi and was reading the newspaper of the previous day, within the window of no snowfall. She felt better, and maybe even good enough to start getting back into shape.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Reinhardt out walking through the gardens, enjoying the beauty of the snow He eventually stopped and looked up at the sky, he was back to wearing his commander's uniform even though it wasn't that well made for the cold. His skin was a little red from the biting cold. "Hmm..I wonder what can be done to help fix relations with Arakai more." He said thinking aloud to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:31 pm

She looked up at the man a couple yards away from her. Grabbing a handful of snow, she balled it up and launched it at his arm, barely hitting his upper arm. Leaving the newspapers behind her on the bench she moved towards him, on a careful note, not to slip. "Reopen the outer rim. Most of the residents on the outside of the official city borders were untouched, and can house a lot of people. And for the remaining ones, find shelter for them here in public locations, see if the local underground an help, and build camps for proper shelter and medical care. That's what I would do, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 pm

His arm getting hit with a snowball he jumped slightly just shocked out of thought and he then blinked and looked to her. "That would work some, and they do need more shelters now due to this weather, we owe that to them."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:40 pm

She shrugged slightly. "Well not really owe it, Pendragon was under the control of a mad control freak who had an insatiable lust for power. But it'd be the humanitarian thing to do, that I'll agree on." Snow gently started to fall down again, just ever so softly. She looked up, and around. It seemed to never end, this weather. Maybe it was some sort of punishment for what they'd done.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:44 pm

He turned to face her after admiring the snow fall for a few seconds. "I'm sorry I don't think I got your name." He offered his hand to her. "I'm Reinhardt LeCour and thank you for that tip on helping with Arakai."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:50 pm

She shook his hand. "I'd tell you my name, but. For me, it's too soon for that still. Maybe some other time. and Arakai needs it. They deserve proper care. That's what they're your people for, right?"
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:54 pm

"My people...right" he blinked for a bit "Ah right...I'm still not used to hearing that. Well if you don't wish to give me your name is it alright with you giving me a nickname or alias I can call you until the time you wish to tell me your name?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:59 pm

"Well ... Sarah was what I was called last time, you can call me that." The snow started picking up now, and the sky turning darker. Looked as if a snowstorm, maybe a blizzard, was gonna come soon. A good 100 yards ahead of the pair, a young girl in warm blue clothes suddenly waved at them, yelling Reinhardt's name. Sarah took it as a chance to slip away from him. She wasn't ready to reveal herself again, not yet. It would likely become a forced confrontation, and she had to be able to at least fly away if it got problematic. Something this blizzard would prevent, all too well.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:02 pm

He looked in the direction of the girl saying his name and tilt his head. He then turned to look at the woman he was talking with. "Well then Sarah it..." He blinked again seeing she was gone now. "Well hopefully we'll meet again soon." He turned and started walking towards the girl that was yelling his name. "Yes, do you need something?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 pm

She seemed not bothered by the cold at all, granted her attire should make that more than an easy fear. It also showed her to not be from around here, which was confirmed by some of the things she had with her. A large bag, the special earrings, and a reindeer that was tagging along with her as if it was her pet. "You're the guy I'm supposed to find. I think. Reinhardt Lesomething. My village sent me, I'm from the north, we got this small village. I usually get teased and all 'cause of my skin, they're just jealous though. But a couple days anyway I was told to come here for an important mission to inform you of something. Hang on a second." She finally stopped talking and searched her bags until she found a rather official looking envelope. She handed it to him with a smile that was unburdened by the things that had happened around here. "There you go. Should have the reason I'm here in there."
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Reinhardt took the letter and then turned. "Here come with me so we can sit then." He walked to a nearby bench and sat down leaving room for her to sit as well. He then opened the letter and started reading over it.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 pm

While he was reading the letter, the girl sat down next to him and talked quietly with the reindeer. It was still young, definitely not adult yet, but not too young to travel, either. It seemed pretty attached to her, especially considering it wasn't bound by a rope to her or anything that would keep it from running away.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:21 pm

After reading over the letter he placed it on his lap and turned looking at her. "So, there's problems up north, and I'm guessing you are wanting help up there?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:26 pm

"I don't know anything about trouble. I was just sent to drop you the letter, really. But if there's trouble then I guess we can always use help." She looked back to the reindeer, giving it a snack for being good and not making the whole area aware of its presence. Meanwhile, the snow started to really come down fast, many people had already left to their homes for shelter for the coming storm.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:29 pm

"It's getting worse out here why don't we go inside for now." He stood up and held his hand out to her to help her up. "this letter mentions people are missing so I just assumed your village wanted help finding them, the unbreakable ice is a bit interesting too."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surprising Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising Return   Surprising Return I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprising Return
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next