Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_vote_lcapSubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_voting_barSubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_vote_lcapSubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_voting_barSubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing Empty
PostSubject: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:21 am

SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing Qr_space_cruiser_by_talros-d6sxpdb

Human Cruiser. "HMS Brass", Human Military Service. 1 Amarr Engineer, Kaitlyn, submitted as human technician. Crew of 134, including marine compliment of 40. Heavy armor, primarily deployed for troop transport and combat support. The Brass is one of 7 built and deployed Sirius Class Cruisers, the only to currently be on military duty. 3 others were decommissioned, due to design flaws, the other 3 fell in separate battles. Each Sirius Class Cruiser had a distinct separation between crew, marines and passengers. The passenger levels were at the middle of the ship, keeping them safely between crew decks on top and the marine levels below. Marines needed the quick access to departing the ship to get to the ground. There also was 1 hangar bay specialized to hold heavy siege equipment, such as Artillery Cannons or Walkers, though limited on space. Marines did not have any luxury, but were stuck with necessities only. The crew had access to the essentials of the ship. Engineering, weapons and the bridge were all on the higher Decks and more towards the aft, giving crew easier access to it without running into the civilians.

The Brass was the only one left of its design, performing a transport run from Eystur to the newly captured outpost Arnon. Despite the heavy beating the Demons had suffered, both in the field and with the loss of their 2 primary leaders, they still were cunning to a degree and managed to set up an ambush. The attack came out of nowhere, unsuspected for the people on board. Thankfully, no civilians were being transported at that given time, which was a given, since it went to the front lines, but had they kept people on there, they would'nt have made it. While the Brass took the scenic route over the Bay of Ghaal, showing crew and marines the beauty of the water that they had won back a good time ago, RPG fire came from the sides of the bay, while several fighters of Demon design rose from the swamps and forests south of their position.

The RPG fire took out one of the engines, taking the crew completely by surprise. With no instant answer, the fighters got close and started picking off priority targets. Guns. Shield Generators. Armor Plating. Bridge. One by one, the targets were destroyed. Thankfully, the bridge was well enough fortified to take a beating, and the fighters themselves did not have the firepower to get through it. After realizing this, they turned and targeted the engines. Overall, hitting the engines does not achieve much against Sirius Class Cruisers, due to their robust design, but there was a design flaw that allowed a well timed shot to get through the whole engine cycle and actually his fuel lines. Demons, being terrible in patience, just got awfully lucky. One, not so much, though. An overly lucky shot burned through the fuel lines and the entire port flank of the engine room, along with one of the fighters, flared up and disintegrated. The force of the blast was enough to push the ship off course, and the vaccuum of engine power on the port side then cause the Brass to start a dive.

The severely damaged port side of the Brass was the first part to hit the water. Once metal made contact with water, a shock went through its hull, powerful enough to shatter windows left and right. The cruiser slowly leveled again as the belly of the ship submerged. The remaining fighters did one last attack run, with little effect, before vanishing at the horizon, while the Brass slowly made water. At first, the gaping hullbreaches at the port side caused a lot of water to come in, tilting the ship to the left. As the right side went upwards, water started flowing towards the nose and soon enough it started to tilt with the nose down. Within 5 minutes, the ship had completely gone under. Underwater, the air still remaining inside the ship caused the rear starboard to mainly stay above. When the nose finally touched the bottom, the front cracked in half, the entire nose breaking off. The bow rolled a couple hundred meters ahead and then tumbled into an underwater ravine, whereas the rest of the Brass leveled out and finally came to a rest.

Inside the Brass, few people were still alive. Those who were, were stuck in mostly the starboard to mid sections, mid to upper decks. The lower decks were completely obliterated due to the force of the landing on the bottom of the lake, port was disintegrated in the attack, while the bow has broken off and gone to crush depth. The bridge remains mostly intact, but power is limited and the communications array was destroyed upon landing in the water. Somewhere, somehow, those survivors, had to make it back to the surface, and in one piece.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Tiara decided this had to be karma for directly defying her father's orders. To quell his daughter's complaints of not seeing the front lines, he had agreed to take her to Eystur on one of his routine trips. It was her father's job to catalog the conditions of the base as well as the provisions and troop health. Radio communication was faster, but there was a rumor floating around that some of the outposts were asking for more provisions than needed. Thus the reason for the trip.

It was only when they got there, did Tiara realize that the front lines had been moved much further west to Arnon. Her father had once again lied to her and thus she was stuck waiting in the camp till he finished his inspection. He had warned her to stay out of the way of the troops and not interfere with their work. Once he had left she had wandered the base for a while, watching as the officers did their daily chores. Nothing caught her eye until a she saw the beautiful warship. The well known HMS Brass was currently refueling for its next mission. As it refueled, soldiers carried on load after load of equipment and other necessities. It seemed it was headed for the front lines.

Seeing her chance she slipped back into came and searched for the building that uniforms were kept. It took a while longer but finally, she approached the warship clad in the normal armor of the human army. She quickly grabbed a load that was to be taken onto the ship and was allowed inside, no one giving her a second look. After finding the place to store the cargo, she hid deeper in the ship until the HMS Brass was ready to take off. She decide that she would reveal herself once the ship reached its destination. She would drop her father's name and show her skills to the captain at Arnon. She would be accepted to fight on the front lines and her dreams would come true.

All of her thoughts went up in smoke as the ships dropped from the sky. Warnings were blaring as troops rushed around the ship trying to find the source of the attack. Chaos ensued and Tiara lose herself trying to find her way around the shaking of the ship and the screaming of the men. Finally the ship stopped and Tiara slowly was able to gather her bearings. She was alive, but many hadn't made it through. Soldier had been tossed like rag dolls within the ships, many losing their lives as they were mercilessly thrown about. She needed to regroup with any members who were still alive and get out of this mess.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am

Things finally settled down, though the constant squealing and creaking of the metal under stress was not stopping. Kaitlyn finally decided to move aftre a couple seconds of silence. Lights were out, it was cold, and it she heard nobody around her. There were 7 other people in engineering. And none of them made it. She waited a while, letting her eyes adapt to the darkness, all side effects of the form she'd chosen, before she started to move around. First she got herself some essential tools from a shelf and drawers. Flashlight, wrench, screwdriver and some phase equipment. She then moved to the door that led to the corridor that connected all of engineering. As she'd expected, shut, and no power to open it. The generator was pretty much scrapped with the recoil of fuel, so there was no way to get this thing active. She'd have to work with the tools she had then. Perfect ..
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 6:55 pm

"Hello?!" Tiara yelled out but only her echo answered her. She walked cautiously about the ruined ship, sword at the ready. She was confident that she could take on any opponent, but it was better to be cautious than dead. The ship gave a terrible groan and Tiara froze trying to maintain her surroundings. Her top priority was to find any survivors, second only to finding an escape. She set off to complete her tasks. The first obstacle she came across was a door. It was sealed shut and with the power out it wouldn't open electronically any time soon. She gave the metal an experimental knock. The sound reverberated causing Tiara to smile. It was thin, perhaps only a couple of centimeters thick. With the structural damage to the ship, her sword could pierce right through it.

"If anyone is on the other side of this, stand away I am cutting this down!" She called out. She waited a few moments before stabbing her sword through the door and with a few deft cuts the door fell apart.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Kaitlyn heard more squeeling of the metal, clearly under pressure of something. She just hoped to hell they hadn't hit the water. If so, she was as good as dead. It would explain the constant strain on the hull. She shook the thought off of her. She shone the flashlight around, seeing fractures in the metal in one of the beams, but no leaking of water, which comforted her somewhat, before she heard a slight banging sound. Someone had to still be alive.

Using considerable strength, she managed to slide open one side of the access hatch from the central hall to engineering. As an Amarr, she did have a more reliable physical strength, though were banned from using it. This clearly qualified as an exception. The hallway had major gaps due to beams having come loose and smashed through. She slipped through the hatch and got what equipment she could to the other side. The ship let out another groan of stress, louder this time, as Kaitlyn's heart raced. "Anyone there?!"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:33 pm

A shout echoed through the metal passageways as Tiara slowly made her way around the ship. Without hesitation she followed the voice, trying to find the owner. The walls moaned, and Tiara realized with dread that they wouldn't last much longer. They must have crash landed into water and the pressure was going to force it's way in. there was limited time left. She carefully walked through the twisted and dented hallways, stepping over the bodies of both soldiers and crew. There were not many left. She cursed as she reached another split passage. There was no way she could find which way the voice came from.

"Hello?!" She yelled hoping to get a response. She waited a few moments as the called bounced around the ship and finally was swallowed into nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

As Tiara walked through a corridor that connected to crew quarters, right of the woman something banged against one of the doors. Metal against metal. Another bang followed, and finally the door gave away, breaking down in two halves as a woman fell down in between. The top part of the door tumbled far, going to the far side of the corridor, as the woman, clad in some sort of a proficient mechanic combat suit, fell on top of the lower section of the door. Along with her came a wash of water, gray and dark, clearly having been dirtied by either mud from the bottom or in the worse case, leaking fuel. The woman, on second glance more a girl than a woman, looked up, towards Tiara's general direction. Her eyes were white, glassy even. Her hair, the same, pure hydrogen white hair. Though unclear whether dyed or natural. After breathing in and out a bit, she sat up straight, her back revealing a seemingly unpleasant ordeal. Around chest height up to her neck, there were 4 sockets, following the clean line of her spine, with solid plating on both sides, covering her shoulders. After having managed to get back up, she finally spoke.

"You the one just shouting?" To stay upright she quickly placed her hands on the twisted metal of the wall behind her, trying not to lose her footing on the slippery floor.

SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing .eJwFwdERxBAQANBeFGDDkqx04xAxIxg2XzfX-733Fe-s4hQ381gnQCwr9Bnl4j59TjL3nmvyoywZ-gOe2Yf7SY0XaEfWoia9oTsOq9EAbkjOqJ2MJY2KFIG_PinVWFqWo2Xx-wNxpiPb
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Tiara stared in shock. Did this girl just tear through a solid metal door with brute force alone? It took her blade to do so and quite a bit of strength. Pushing her amazement aside, she decided to answer the question.

"Yes, I was looking for both survivors of the crash and a way out of the ship." She replied quickly. She glanced at the fluid that was slowly leaking through out the hall and how it affected the girl's balance. "Maybe we shouldn't have this conversation here." Tiara suggested. "I don't know how dangerous it is to be around and I rather not take a fall." She motioned for the girl to follow her into a cleaner hallway. Once they were free of the split liquid, Tiara introduced herself.

"I'm Tiara," She began and hesitate slightly. She didn't have an army rank and technically she wasn't supposed to be on this ship. She decide to just end with that introduction and followed up with a question. "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 pm

After having been led out of the danger zone, another moan went through the hull. The woman looked towards Tiara, eyes going up to the ceiling, following the sound. "Yeah, either a leak, or a puncture hole in the outer armor layer and the hull. I'm Casey, by the way. And blind, had you not noticed. Well in a way, that is." She sat down, hand on her shoulder, head slightly bowed down. "Those doors are stronger than back in the labs. Remind me not to do that again."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 7:39 pm

"I will be sure to do that," Tiara deadpanned. She still couldn't believe that this girl punched through a door. Tiara had only been able to do so with her prized weapon and her sword skills. Still there were more important things to worry about.

"Do you know how many people were on the ship?" Tiara asked. She was sure the majority had perished in the crash, but having a rough estimate of the amount of people would be helpful. There was still a chance to find other survivors. If possible they could comb the more populated areas of the ship before they made their escape. From the creaking of the ceiling, said escape would have to come quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Casey shook her head. "Sorry, but I'm not exactly familiar with crew and the ship itself, I'm just a combat pilot. Test combat pilot. I was just on my way for a test flight in Arnon, but I guess that's not gonna be happening anytime soon." For the first time since the crash, a full silence overcame the halls. No moaning of the walls, no metal screeching or things collapsing. Only the sparking of a snapped conduit at the far end of the hall. For a second, the lights flickered, before things went real silent. It seemed the ship had finally come to a resting position. Casey looked over to Tiara's general direction. "Any idea where we crashed?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing   SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SubArc 1 - Not the Best Landing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster World Role Play :: Monster World Role Play :: Maurana - Human World :: Safe Regions-
Jump to: