Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Work Leads I_vote_lcapWork Leads I_voting_barWork Leads I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Work Leads

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Frea made her way from her home to where she had been told that some work might be found. She waded through the river on her way to a town she had been told of called Arnon, arriving on the outskirts by morning.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:07 pm

The burning walls and massive plumes of smoke coming from the military outpost were as much an indication of the battle as the tracks through the mud, of both troops and heavy walkers. Mara sat at the crumbled entrance, 7 soldiers behind her, dragging bodies through the mud and cleaning up for as far as possible. The night after the battle it had rained like hell. Mara refused to have gone out of the ravished command base, despite the horrid smell. Rather dry than wet, she figured. Looking up from the depressing mudtracks, she looked ahead, towards the jungle. It was a good distance from where she sat, where Arnon was. But still it looked nice. Distracted her from what they'd lost.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Frea paused, coming up on activity ahead. She could see smoke in the distance. She hid as best she could and watched the trail ahead of her for signs of hostility. "Best not be hasty..."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:19 pm

She gave the soldiers behind her a heads up, then walked off towards the jungle. Giving up material was easy. But the lives lost in that assault on their side, even when minimal compared to the Demon losses, were still very costly. And she was solely responsible for it, since it was not only under her command, but on her orders as well.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Frea sheathed her weapon when nothing else came down the trail. "Guess I was just getting jumpy..." Walking onto the trail, she continued onwards towards the smoke. She would at least investigate, even if there was no work here.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:31 pm

After walking a good part, no longer seeing the men, mostly because there was a small hill intervening with line of sight, she dropped down in the mud and just looked down, trying to push the thoughts away. Slowly, with a finger, she started drawing markings in the mud. Small signs that used to matter to her, in a past. But no longer.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 pm

The trail grew muddy, which hampered her a little, but soon she came upon a woman. Not wanting to take chances, she kept a hand on the hilt of her weapon. She looked around, on the off chance that she could be ambushed. Her hooves weren't exactly silent...
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Mara didn't notice the footsteps until they got within 20 meters of her, despite her good hearing. She looked up from the marked ground and straight at something she'd not expected. Half woman, half horse. Not even in the Angel world had she seen that. Instinctively her ears went flat and her iris's narrowed. Had she taken a weapon with her, it'd be in her hands by now. "Who, or what, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Seeing the woman's reaction, she let go of the weapon, so as to not provoke conflict. "I am Frea Feierdi...and what I am, is a Centaur." She stopped a few feet from the woman, looking down at her.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:57 pm

Not changing her reaction in any way, she scanned her with her eyes. Seemed to have a strong physique, powerful legs. All 4 of them ... In a splitsecond she wondered who would be faster. The horse girl, or the cheetah girl. "Ok, so what are you here for? It's a warzone, if you hadn't figured it out."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 am

She shifted a little, kicking up a little mud. "That is precisely why I traveled all the way here. I am a mercenary, looking for service."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:07 am

"Merc, huh? What do you think a single merc means in a war of thousands? You don't seem adequately equipped for battle, either. We're up against Frigates, Fighters, artillery. Not that I have any say in the matter in the end, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:13 am

"One can make all the difference in a battle. If you have a level head, of course." She looked around, on her guard. "I help because my land in the forest could be in danger at any time, and my parents aren't as able as they used to be...so it is my duty to protect them and the forest." She looked back at the woman.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:24 am

"So catch some coin while defending your folks? Always did dislike mercs. Don't seem to have that honor thing. Or the sense of what's right. Just up for bids to the one with the biggest wallet. So why should I grant you that favor of fighting? All of us fight for our right to exist. Can you say the same?"
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:45 am

"I do not always get along with who employs me...as sometimes humans do not completely trust other races. I still fight to defend what humble territory my family has, so we can continue to survive. That is an acceptable answer, I hope." She sighed. "And as for coin...we need it to buy clothing and some foodstuffs to suppliment what we grow and hunt ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:49 am

"Don't we all. Just a bit hard to do when you're dead or sitting on a chain at a Demons hand." She relaxed slightly. Hostility wouldn't help much, even though she felt like burying this. Breed. "We'll see what you can do. It's not my call, but you can look at what we're up against in Arnon yourself. Just try anything and you'll be getting no more ribbons."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 am

"I fight for family and home, not for glory." She watched the woman.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:01 am

"Glory is far from where fights are. Wars and glory don't match for the life of anything. There's nothing glorious about it. But I hope for your sake your words speak truth." She turned around, her ears still flat in her neck, and walked back towards the ruined military outpost, with the centaur right behind her. Soldiers wouldn't be an issue, they accepted Mara quite fast, if this pony would check out and be allowed to join, she might be accepted rather fast as well. Granted she didn't exactly have the physical appeal she herself did, but regardless.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:07 am

"I understand." She follwed, keeping her distance.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:16 am

After a decent walk they finally arrived at the remains of what once would be considered gates. She nodded at the soldiers, who all looked up from their work to look at their new guest. Leading Frea through the faceless helmets of the human troops and eventually to the communications array, she cursed herself for bringing this outsider in like this and undoubtedly would be bombarded with questions the moment she got away from Frea. "I dialed you the Military HQ, they'll deal with your case. Don't expect much on the payment department. Most goes into the war as is."
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:21 am

"Every little bit helps...even many stones make a mountain." She bowed to the woman. "Your help is quite appreciated, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:26 am

"Yeah, thank me when you got somewhere and did something." She walked off, giving the centaur some space to discuss matters with command. Almost instantly men swarmed around her, asking if she knew anything about the newcomer, who it was, if she stayed and the sorts. Ignoring them, she went inside and sat down, resting against a cold stone wall. Some wench comes in, tries to steal the whole attention of all the guys. Should go back to her forest.
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 4:39 pm

A while later, she finished negotiations for her pay, then made her way through the soldiers who surrounded her at every opportunity. "N-no, I do not want that..." She was looking for the woman who brought her here... "...I said I do not want it!"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 4:47 pm

After considering to leave her to her fate, but ultimately deciding against it, Mara came out of the command complex. "All right, you dimwitted fools, this is a warzone, not a zoo. Get your asses to work or find yourself a one way ticket to the frontline as cannonfodder." As if stung by workerbees, the men scrambled and got back to doing what they did prior to Frea's arrival, or at least tried to look as if they did something useful. "So? You in?"
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 4:55 pm

A fair bit red at receiving such a reception, she nodded. "I...y-you must not see many of my kind here..." After making sure she wouldn't be bombarded with more questions, she looked at her. "...but to answer you, yes, after much insistance on my part. Apparently my physique made them doubt my combat prowess..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Leads   Work Leads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work Leads
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next