Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFrom Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_voting_barFrom Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFrom Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_voting_barFrom Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

From Behind Enemy Lines

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:58 pm

The startled gurgling from the king as the girl stabbed him caught the attention of the remaining guards surrounding him. Sirius quickly unloaded the rest of the bullets and stabbed the sword and spear into the final two guards. He glared daggers at the girl who still was before the king.

" A little warning would have sufficed," He hissed. If he didn’t need to escape, Sirius would have consider killing her too. He internally sighed. She had finished the mission and that was all that mattered. He did not have the time nor the energy to get into another conflict. He looked back to the girl. “I am headed out. The guards will probably be swarming the area soon and I don’t want to be around when that happens.” With that he threw open the doors behind him and quickly began moving towards the nearest exit. Running would only bring suspicion to him, thus he needed to act with some amount of serenity.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Riyo's hands were covered in the blood of the King, but unlike she'd imagined, it didn't feel satisfying whatsoever. She just stood there and looked at him for a couple seconds before snapping back into reality by Sirius' voice. Snatching the ring from his finger, she grabbed the basket again and followed him to the exit, then walked before him again, head bowed. She wrapped cloth over her hands, to cover up the red and as a seemingly whole batallion passed them, she did as she always did, head down, back to the wall and wait. This time, she made sure Sirius did the same.

As soon as the guards were out of hearing range, they continued. "I know an underground path. It's sewers, but it's safe."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 pm

This day was getting better and better. Not only was he exhausted from killing ten guard but now a trek through the sewers awaited him. Next thing was a toxic monster waiting in the sewers. He brushed such thoughts aside. He needed to focus, not think depressing and ridiculous thoughts.

"Lead the way," he muttered. "I am right behind you." Hopefully the sewers would lead them far enough away that he wouldn't need to fight. After that, he would need to get back to the human world and somehow avoid the camp of demons that were probably still out for his blood. Anything to get home he supposed.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 pm

She led them to the remote exit of the castle, just as the alarms started to go off. Ditching the basket, she made a sprint over open terrain, just a few meters, but more than enough to get shot down over. With nobody looking at the outside, but rather everyone rushing inside, she made it and within seconds, Sirius stood next to her again.

In front of them was a gutter, with bars. It was the main sewers entrance/exit that led from the central courtyard to the outside wastetown. More slaves awaited there, and some guards. "You think you can crack it open?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Sirius nodded taking a stance in front of the grate. With a few well placed slashes the metal fell away, like paper, clattering to the ground. He immediately strode inside, his nose detecting the awful stench flowing throughout the place. He would have covered his nose, but he was used to this by now. He had smelt much worse after all. The tunnel ways were dark, light only peaking it through grates from above. Thankfully there was a walkway on the side of the sewer. He didn't want to walk through the sludge that the water seemed to be producing.

"How far till the exit?" Sirius asked. Keeping an eye out for any noises or potential threats.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 pm

"It goes on for about half a mile, then we'll have to-.." She fell silent, then a splash was heard behind Sirius. Riyo had lost consciousness and fallen into the sludge, thankfully face-up. The Shading had drained most her power, the last bit she'd used up on the sprint just now. The sewers weren't too deep, so she didn't sink down, but she was completely off the world regardless. Next to her, on the stone sidesteps, only a few inches broad, lay the Demon Kings ring, bloodied by her hands when she'd taken it. The one item that would show the people who ruled the Demon world. He who could take it in honorable combat frmo the King, would serve as the new leader of the Demon race.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Sirius stared blandly. A better situation couldn't be asked for. If he killed her, no one would know his involvement in the kings murder. He could just leave her too, it wasn't like she was in danger of drowning. best of all she couldn't follow him. He already knew that she could care less if he died. Why else would she not warn him about the guards? To top it all off, he could even scoop up the King's rings and sell it off to the highest bidder. He could literally escape unseen...and yet he hesitated. There was not real reason to help her, but he knew better than that...he was better than that. She had helped complete his mission and was helping him out of the palace. Besides, he would rather not have a girl like this out for his blood. He had seen the results for himself. With a groan, he picked up the ring and slipped it into his pocket and then hoisted the girl onto his shoulder.

"I better not regret this," Sirius sighed as he slowly made his way deeper into the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm

It wasn't until they'd exited the tunnel, gotten into "free" territory, away from the castle into rough lands, mostly dead wood and gravel, that Riyo finally came to again. She opened her eyes slightly, lying on her back, upper torso resting against the smoothest rock in the near vicinity, something that didn't really have high standards, due to several pointy edges stabbing her in the back. After blinking a few times against the sunlight of the late afternoon, she got up a bit more to realize they were outside, in the middle of god knows where, rather than behind bars or even at a stake, to be barbequed.

She looked around herself, trying to get any bearings of where she was, but simply because she never had been outside, she didn't have the slightest clue. The only reason she knew of the sewer tunnel leading outside was the fact that it had been used by smugglers before, trying to get Demon heirlooms outside of the palace walls. Of course their luck ended at one point, but the passage was never found. Instead, they blamed it on lax guards. Once again, she looked, but saw nobody. That man from before must've left her here, either to die, or to figure out her own way. Instantly, her hand went to her pockets, but nothing was found inside. Wretch took the ring. With a tiresome sigh she slid back against the rock, but its edgy surface cut into her back, causing her just to jump up and fall forwards onto the ground. "Well. At least I'm free."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:20 pm

"You're awake." Sirius observed from his spot behind the rock she had been resting on. He had decided that carrying an unconscious girl across a barren wasteland was not the best move. Thus he had decided to allow her to rest while he stayed as looked out. From his limited medical training he realized that she had fainted from exhaustion. Rest was the best treatment, though that was for humans, he was clueless regarding demon biology.

"Are you hungry?" He asked withdrawing a ration bar from his pack. "We need to move soon. I don't know how quickly the guards will mobilize." He held the wrapped bar out to the girl. "Thse taste like charcoal but it will give you strength."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:25 pm

She hesitantly took the bar from him, but didn't forget the issue she sat with most. "Where's the ring?" That ring was her ticket to safety. She showed it in the right places, and people would bow to her. But with no safety in the Demon World whatsoever, her best bet was to either leave for the Human or Angel world. Now the Human World is at full war with the Demon world, so that would not be the best of ideas, but, in turn of proof that she killed the Demon King, they might be willing to give her a place. Angels, would be a complete disaster. Not so much that they hated the Demons, but they were indifferent, didn't care. Plus, she'd seen how they lived. Ain't no way she could survive with them and not get thrown in jail within day 1.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:32 pm

The first thing she asked about is a stupid ring? Sirius was worried about actual threats like demons or starvation, and she was worried about a piece of jewelry. Perhaps it was a female thing...or a demon one, he really didn't know. He felt the ring shift awkwardly shift in his pocket. He had grabbed it of course, but he didn't know why it was so important. Hadn't she taken it off the demon lord? Was it really worth anything? He decided to question her about it.

"What ring? You may have dropped it when you fainted." Sirius responded calmly. "Is it worth anything, because I am not heading back to find a piece of jewelry." He was gauge whether or not to give to back from her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 pm

She dropped her forehead against the stone, not caring about pain or exhaustion whatsoever, instead the adrenaline of losing her best bargaining chip rushing through her veins. "Damn it! That was my ticket out of here. Maybe even ours." She grabbed onto a sharp point of the rock rather forcefully, holding onto it for several seconds before the piece broke off, landing her hand against another batch of sharp rocks. She couldn't even care less. She'd lost it in the sewers. Although, why would he ask for value. Her thoughts ran like a train, and she then raised her head slightly, looking at him with eyes sparkling in rage. In a rush of adrenaline, she jumped onto the stone, then lunged at him. The blade she always had savvy in her sleeve was gone, leaving her unarmed, but blades weren't the only things that could kill.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Sirius' eyes narrowed immediately and rolled out of the way. His mind dug deep trying to figure out why she was attacking. He came up with two explanations. She had realized that he held the ring and wanted it back. She was smart and his question had been too obvious. If the ring was valuable then she would probably fight to the death for it. It was that or she was completely insane and just wanted to kill others. One was looking more likely that the other. Still it annoyed him that she would kill him even though he dragged her out of that hellhole. Perhaps killing her was truly the better option...

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Sirius spat with glare. He withdrew his sword and held it in front of him. "Try that again and I will kill you."

Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 pm

"You have it. I know you do! You tryin to seem nice, saving me, then steal from me the only thing I have that can keep me alive, what, so I can be slave again?" The broken off rock in her hand had made a wound, blood slowly seeping down from her palm. She rather would die than to live her life as a slave again. Whatever reason he had for being back at the palace to kill the King, she didn't think of it. All that mattered was right here, right now, him having the ring, trying to act innocent, and trying to trick her. Saved her life or not, she wasn't gonna be his puppet. Not now, not ever. "You give it back, or I'll gut you where you stand. On my dying breath, I swear I will."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:59 pm

So she knew, but Sirius frowned. How would a ring keep her alive or even keep her from being a slave? He knew demons had magic, but he doubted a mere ring could change that much. Still it was certainly worth something... perhaps its value could get her enough money to live in luxury? He sighed, he had more important things to be worrying about. He withdrew the ring from his pocket, making sure to show it to the girl.

"As you guessed I do have the ring. If it is that important, you could have just asked for it back." His expression turned dark as his eye shot daggers at the girl. "Or I could crush this and leave you to die here." He growled. "Not only did you try and kill me in the throne room, but just now as well. How the hell do you expect me to trust you if you value this ring over my life?!"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:04 pm

"Because that ring does have moer value than your life. More than mine. What kinda Demon are you, what rock you been living under? That ring is indestructible, it's the token of the Ruler of the Demon world. It's my ticket out of here, so I can either go to the Angel World or the Human World and present it for safety. Humans would love to get their hands on it, it would show them they can get to the core of the Demons, win that stupid war." Despite the rock cutting into her hand, she still grasped onto it even stronger. There was no logical thinking in her mind, no careful consideration. She just blabbered everything out. "If you have it, why would you just give that ring, you know what it's worth so why would you! I'll just have to take it from your dead hands then. Oh, and I didn't try to kill you in the throne room, you were there either knowing you'd die in which case you got lucky or skilled enough to fight off guards. Or stupid and neither of the others. Probably that last."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Sirius temple twitched. She did understand that she was insulting him while he held the "precious ring"... right? He could run away with it, distract her with the ring and kill her or just fight her head on. He wanted to bang his head against a wall. This had to be a female demon thing...both Tsun and this girl were getting furious and completely losing common sense. Still as long as she wasn't going to back stab him then he could care less.

"I am a human, not a demon and I certainly could care less about becoming a demon lord." Sirius replied with a growl. In one motion he tossed the ring to the slave girl. "If it will shut you up, take the damn thing. If you have enough energy to attack me then you should have plenty to walk. We leave immediately." With that he turned and began walking. He didn't sheath his blade though...he might need it.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:21 pm

She quickly dropped the sharp rock and grabbed onto the whole patch of dirt with the ring in it, carefully taking it out and rubbing it clean with her fingers. She then realized what he'd done, and more importantly, what she'd done. But talking now would just hurt her, him and do more damage, rather than fix anything. As the adrenaline was subsiding, her receptors started to recognize the pain again, her whole body aching. Hand with a cut, back with scrapes, the exhaustion from Shading. She just threatened to slice and dice him, he gave her what she wanted, and still, even then, he still said "we". Though she knew he wasn't human, not entirely anyway, that meant something. Guilt running amok in her mind, she got up and followed him frmo a distance, constantly having her eyes locked on his back, not saying a single word.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 pm

The journey back to the gate was thankfully uneventful. There were not more arguments or complaints, just walking. As they drew closer, Sirius gestured for them to stop and rest. More and more demons were appearing and Sirius didn't want to draw in any attention. He could only pray that he wouldn't be recognized.

"Can that ring get us through the checkpoints?" Sirius asked from a safe distance. He didn't need another fight on his hands. "I have been through here before and someone knew me as a human. I need to know if that can get us through or if we need a plan.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Riyo sat a good 10 meters away from him. She still felt regret, aching as they'd walked. "The King always had it. It's his possession and his heirloom. Present it to them, and they are bound to either attack us for killing him, or obey us for our strength. I'm..." The next words felt like stone, feeling like she might throw up, but she managed to stay in one piece, mentally. "I'm still seen a slave. If you think you can make an impressive entry and intimidate them somehow, that's our best bet. Or we find an unguarded gate, but that's most likely not possible with all soldiers on alert."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Sirius hear her hesitation...he felt it. She was free, the feeling must have felt so liberating. The mere thought of returning to what she was...it must be excruciating. Sirius could relate, if he found his parent only for them to be ripped away again. He wasn't sure if he would want to continue. Still, she would only need to act the part and Sirius would do his best on his side as well.

"Give me the ring then." Sirius commanded. "I will use it if we run into any trouble. Once we get away from the gate, you can have it back." Sirius felt tense, more so than normal. They were relying on his acting, he couldn't blow their cover now. Still having a back up plan was important. 'If we get separated, get to the city of Arakai. I will meet up with you there." It probably wouldn't help too much seeing as she had no idea where Arakai was, but it was better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:51 pm

She nodded, reluctantly rolling the ring over to him across the rough terrain. She'd used him as a decoy to end the king. There was no telling if he would return her the favor. But even if, he still said we before. He still put up with her. Gave her the ring. It could all be a plan to ditch her. But deep down a part of her felt responsible. He'd been forced to fight off those guards because of her. It would only be fair for him to do the same back. The only difference was, she wouldn't survive it. Not in the state she was in. So she quite literally put her life in his hands. Which required trust. Trust she didn't have. For her, it was either run away abd be chased down, or take a chance. This was her best shot.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:59 pm

As Sirius expected the news of the kings death had yet to reach the gate. There was no panic or even distress. The demon were simply going about their daily business. The other side of the gate would hold that man though. Roach... If he caught them, they would need to make a bolt for it. Still, Sirius didn't know another way back to the human world. Hopefully they didn't meet him. Holding his breath, Sirius stepped through to the other side. The demon camp was just like he remembered. The tents were still standing and demons were milling around. The girl and he carefully made their way to the edge of the camp. They were almost gone until a voice called out to him.

"Looks like the dog came crawling back." Roach laughed menacingly. "Was the demon world too difficult to handle or did you just get scared?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Riyo took her chance. She owed him. And it was time to pay up. Turning to Roach, she bowed, and kept her head down a bit, lookking at his feet, rather than his face. Standard protocol for slaves. "My lord, the royal family requested this man be used as fodder in Machariel. We got free passage through the other end, and will move further, with your permission, of course. If he is to attempt an escape, I have permission to cripple him. He's a halfbreed of some sorts, so Lord King decreed he was best of use as front line soldier." Through her explanation, she kept her voice soft and quiet, indicating she was less and merely following orders. To make action fit the words, she grabbed him at his shoulder, pressing him down onto his knees, taking over his sword and placing the blade on his other shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Roach frowned unable to comprehend what had happened. He was sure that the demon boy was trying to escape but her this girl was telling him otherwise. She acted perfectly like a slave as if she was following orders. But...it seemed suspicious. This boy had held his own against a group of well trained soldiers. He was expected to believe a mere slave could keep this boy is check? If she could why was she a slave then and not fighting on the front lines for the glory of the demon race? Unless...Roach had heard that the demon king held several soldiers close to him. It was only a rumor, but...a test was in order.

"Girl, pick up his sword. I find it hard to believe someone as frail as you could keep him in order. You will have three chances to injure me. If you succeed, I will send you ahead. If not you and the boy will die here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Behind Enemy Lines   From Behind Enemy Lines - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Behind Enemy Lines
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster World Role Play :: Monster World Role Play :: Caern - Demon World :: Murrpau Castle-
Jump to: