Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Suprises at the Coast I_vote_lcapSuprises at the Coast I_voting_barSuprises at the Coast I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Suprises at the Coast I_vote_lcapSuprises at the Coast I_voting_barSuprises at the Coast I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Suprises at the Coast

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Suprises at the Coast Empty
PostSubject: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Veronica sighed as she stopped at the coast. It had taken risk, unplanned decisions and a whole lot of bad luck to get her where she was right now. Going through a portal to another world was simple enough but going through to explore then losing her way due to an attack not part of the plan. After her arrival she was scared off by a phoenix and ran.

In the end she had reached the coastline... which was nowhere near her route home. The only positive to this endless journey was that she had gather a lot more information than planned. Veronica sighed as she took out the map she had borrowed (stolen) from a local sales person.

"Well standing here won't get me anywhere." Veronica muttered t herself and decided to rent a boat. The fastest way to the city, Shya-ko, was by boat, and she hoped this nightmare would end soon. She leapt on her ship and soon found herself gentle moving across the water.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:11 pm

From the sea, she saw another boat, not particularly close to where she'd dropped off Tendou, but it was the same design. With joy in her heart she swam closer and decided to shadow it for a while, waiting for him to drop the hook so she could pull him down again like last time, but without actually obliterating the boat this time.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 pm

Veronica was relieve she had finally caught a lucky break. The wind was (thankfully) blowing in the right direction and the sail she had was pulling her ship at a quite pace. Attempting to relax, Veronica looked into the depths of the sea. The water was understandable, hard to see through because of the waves but she could make out faint shapes underneath the surface. It was particular shape that caught her interest. It seemed to following her and was easily keeping pace with her small sailboat.

Her interest in the shadow came at a price however. The waves had grown slightly choppy and thus in Veronica attempt to examine the shadow, the sailboat bucked sending her overboard. Her equipment was still in the boat, Veronica realized as the cold water engulfed her. All thoughts disappeared from her mind aside from the need to return to the surface.

Last edited by Omega Shadow on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:26 pm

As Veronica went under, Nami swam up towards her, expecting to see Tendou, but was surprised seeing someone else. The person seemed to struggle underneath the surface and, seen how Tendou's first reactions were panic and having no boat, Nami figured it best to help her back into the little dinghy, instead of dragging her along as well. Swimming up to her she grabbed Veronica's legs and pushed her up, the woman literally shooting out of the water.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:35 pm

Panic was the first emotion she felt as something grabbed her legs as she blindly trying to swim. The second was surprise as was literally launched from the water and landed in her small boat with solid thud. The impact, as one would imagine, winded her and she struggled to regain her breath, both from being underwater and having the air knocked out of her. After getting her breathing under control and wiping the water out of her eyes, she dropped the sail allowing for her boat to come to a gentle stop. She walked to the side hesitantly, pistol in hand, to try and find the shadow again.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Her head slowly popped up at the stern of the boat, looking at the person inside. Her back was turned to her, so at instance she didn't notice Nami's presence. The mermaid was fine with that, taking to opportunity to observe this newling from the mainland inside a still intact boat. Tendou had been scared his whole voyage underseas, she had no intention of having someone die of fear down there.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Veronica scanned the water for the shadow, but it had disappeared. It wasn't a trick however as something had threw her out of the water. May it saw her struggling and attempted to help making it a possible friend. On the flip side, it could have tried to throw her as a warning thus making it a potential enemy. Regardless it meant this creature was intelligent, more so that simply eating anything that got too close. And if the creature was intelligent it could be watching her right now. She slowly turned and as suspected saw what appeared to be a woman floating in the water. If it were hostile, Veronica would probably not have been able to find her so Veronica hoped the woman was friendly.

"Hello, my name is Veronica...thanks for helping me."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 pm

She looked at Veronica, lowering her head so her eyes only just popped up above the wood. She had the same silly language as Tendou, some weird rough cracking with their throats. Her eyes had a red taint and were looking straight at Veronica. Then, her eyes wandered to the gun in the womans hand. She'd never seen anything like it. Shya-ko was in no way advanced in the way of gun usage to the sophistication of Arakai or New Pendragon. Slowly her head came up more, until her chin rested on the wood, Veronica getting a cleared view on the womans face and head, seeing the differences with a real human female.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Veronica waited for an answer only to be greeted in silence. The woman, if she could be called that, had revealed that she was not human at least from what Veronica could see. It slightly unnerved Veronica as Nami continued to stare at her. Maybe there was a gap in language? She had been warned about this. But how to go about a method of communication... She could point to herself and say 'Veronica' but that could be misinterpreted as humans be refereed to as Veronica's. She slipped the pistol into its holster seeing no need for it now. She slowly approached Nami and held out a hand, unsure how the woman would react.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:16 pm

As a child, Nami reached out and tapped Veronica's hand before pulling back again. It felt similar to Tendou's hands, though she only felt his underwater. It all was so rough and course up here. Down in the water, everything was way softer. As such, the touch of Nami's hand felt softer than silk, as her protective membrane covering her hand, soaked in water, touched Veronica's skin. After a couple seconds she let go of the boat and dipped back into the water, only to reappear port side. She needed to stay under water every now and then, to not dry out or suffocate.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:30 pm

Veronica was happy to say the least she wasn't grabbed and pulled under the waves. That kind of knee-jerk reaction would probably not be appreciated. Veronica walked to the other side of the boat keeping an eye on the mermaid, if that is what she was. It only seemed to be interested in her. She could raise he sail and leave but that would serve little purpose. She dipped her hand in the water, wondering what was under the surface. She would dive in but her armor was heavy and stripping to her...undergarments was not the most optimal choice of swimwear.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Nami rose up from the water again, surprisingly licking Veronica's fingers, almost nibbling a bit at them. Her tongue was even softer than that of humans, due to never coming into contact with hard or rough surfaces or objects. The mermaid stayed underwater now, but close enough to the surface that sometimes one of her fins would pop up. From the boat, Veronica finally got a good view on the full extend of Nami's body. The woman-like appearance from the waist up was countered by the tail downward. Just like a mermaid from the stories, but instead of real hair, she had what looked like see through fins. The tail was covered in tiny scales, forming a sturdy armor with a blue-ish near rainbow color shimmer over it.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Veronica recoil her hand more out of surprise than disgust. It made send that everything was smoother in the water but even the tongue was a bit creepy. What else did the underwater world provide? Veronica had doubts about jumping head first into the water but she would at least try to learn a bit. It was her assignment after all. So she stood up and slowly dropped the anchor in the hope her boat wouldn't drift away. She striped herself of her weighted armor and stopped second guessing her option. She could go into the water fully clothed but have not dry clothes for her return, as the sun would dry her clothes if she left them on the boat. Or be logical and throw away her shame.

Hoping to whatever gods that be that no one would take steal her clothing, she quickly slipped out of her clothes, leaving only her undergarments on. Feeling thoroughly embarrassed she quickly slipped on the diving googles on the ship, she carefully jumped off the side of the boat and landed in the water.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Nami playfully swam circles around Veronica as she entered the water. Tendou seemed to have been terrified of water as is, let alone his submersion, whereas this creature had a totally different mindset. It could shed its skin and willingly joined her. Though she figured that as well as Tendou, this one needed the oxygen. In anticipation, she'd laid out several bubbles already around the ocean floor. Creating one from herself, she bumped it against Veronica's belly, the sensation being like a soft balloon pushing gently against the skin.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Veronica looked at the bubble in wonder. Was it filled with oxygen? How did a mermaid filter oxygen from the water? Or did they need to come to the surface like some aquatic mammals? The biggest question was why it came from the mermaids chest or more accurately breasts. She shook her head, different creature meant different body. There was a good probability that mermaids did not need to nurse their young. With trepidation she slipped the bubble over her head. The contents was indeed oxygen and there seemed to be plenty for a short swim underwater. With that in mind Veronica dove down into the depths of the water to see what was in store for her.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Delighted to see that veronica was eager to explore, Nami dove deep, way too fast for the woman to keep up. After several seconds, she looked back, seeing no Veronica. She went back up, finding the woman again and stayed with her as she'd done with Tendou. They weren't adapted to the waters as they were. She should have known that, but her excitement had been a tad over the top. With a hand locked in Veronica's, they swam down further to the bottom. Soon enough, they reached what looked like an underwater canyon. The water inside the canyon was pitchblack, nothing visible from there. Apparent by how Nami avoided the chasm, the mermaids didn't like the darkness or what lurked there very much either. Instead, they ventured to the right side, a ridge full with growth in more colors than Arakai's flower market. Untouched by humans and the government, or any oil or chemicals, this reef was more vibrant than anything in the human world could have been.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Veronica was speechless. The world around her was beautiful. As opposed to the surface the water was clear and easy to see through. The reef look like it was from a painting as she watched as a group of fish swam by completely ignoring her presence. Did they have no fear or were they not as smart? The canyon was also interesting. The deep darkness was almost like a warning and by the way the mermaid avoided it, that could be true. Veronica dove deeper careful to avoid damaging the reef. She reached out a hand, feeling the smoothness of the structures. She looked back to Nami who simple swam nearby watching her reactions.

What else could she reveal to Veronica? In an attempt to communicate she brought her hand to her mouth. She mimicked biting into an object hoping to find out a source of food for these people. Hopefully the message wasn't taken the wrong way. Veronica could only imagine how the mermaid would react if her action was taken as a threat.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:42 pm

Nami swam faster, pulling Veronica along. As they went through the water, which was warmer here than the surface, due to the nearby location of an active volcano, they passed an incredible variety of seaplants. The regular seaweed all the way to what appeared to be underwater trees. At one point, a huge seacreature swam passed them, over their heads. It looked much like a whale, but instead it had many fins on its sides, rather than the mere 2. As it went over them, Nami slowed down and turned on her back, letting her hands slide over the whale's belly. The touch clearly felt good to the whale, as it let out a marvelous sound, quite low and echoing through the ocean. She looked over at Veronica, as if urging her to touch the whale, too.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Veronica shook her head. She had never had the best relationship with animals. Dogs always barked when she tried to pass them. Cats always hissed and attempted to scratch her if she managed to get too close. Even the half-humans, like the fox girl, hated her for some reason or another. Though to be fair it probably wasn't from animal dna. She was afraid to find out what a wolf would do if they met. So, Veronica shook her head. She knew that if attempted to it would probably end badly, or the outcome would be disappointing. She then put her hands together in a sort of plea asking to continue on their journey in the watery depths.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Nami tilted her head ever so slightly, not knowing what she meant by the gesture. But the window had passed as the massive whale moved on, turning to the right, away from the reef. It took them another solid 2 minutes before the goal came into view. Several pillars of coral rising from a massively excavated castle-like structure, embedded in the side of the ridge. Around it, several mermaids were swimming, entering the holes and exiting them like a busy metropolis. Nami had taken some time to discuss the previous encounter with Tendou with her kind, and several other mermaids had become interested in checking out what it was about. Upon seeing Nami close in with yet another newling, they came to meet them. There were 2, both different in their design and coloring from Nami. One was mostly red and a pale white, just as smooth as Nami, while the other was a lot more finned and had way more colors, almost like the reef itself. They circled Veronica, carefully touching her skin and especially her hair, having never seen anything like it.
Suprises at the Coast Koi-Nami-Skin-LoL-Splash-ArtSuprises at the Coast River_spirit_nami___league_of_legends_by_michellehoefener-d7vh40l
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:14 pm

Veronica tried to allow them to touch where they wanted but still shied away from it. It was as if she was a specimen, not a visitor. The poke and licked and grabbed and Veronica was very tempted to return to her boat. Maybe it was just that way on the sea floor, they touched instead of observed and licked instead of talked.

But when one of the wandering hands got too close to her breasts, Veronica recoiled, shaking her head fiercely. They seemed to get the message and backed off from that area. It was then that Veronica noticed that the bubble around her head was getting a bit too small for her comfort. She motioned to Nami trying to tap the bubble to indicate the problem. At the worst, she would quickly swim back to the surface and breath there.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Nami vanished below her for a bit, then returned with a new one. As planned, she'd stored a few around their home for an extended stay. After having donated the additional oxygen to Veronica, she scurried the others off and dragged the woman on again, into one of the tunnels. They were too big to be natural, but the way they'd been excavated and the connection inside looked like no tool could have done it. It was as Nami's tail brushed against the side of a tunnel that Veronica got the answer. Their scales on the tails were tough and durable. As Nami brushed the wall, it whipped some dust up from it. They'd created this entire cave system from this peak with their tails. Easily years of work must've gone into this. Swimming through several longer rooms, they finally got to a fairly spacious one, almost entirely covered in plants. They looked a bit like pears, but yellow-ish, and a lot thicker. The thinner end resulted in a flower, the same form asthe membrane on Nami's chest. Picking one, she floated it over to Veronica, then picking one for herself.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Veronica caught the plant as it slowly drifted through the water towards her. She gave it a through examination, trying to memorize the shape and the texture. The best possible solution would be to bring it to the surface. However, she did not want to offend or agitate the mermaid and decided to eat it instead. Except there was a bubble around her head. Would it pop? Common sense said it wouldn't but Veronica was hesitant to test that out considering the circumstances. Hopefully her new friend would create another bubble if she began to drown. Taking a deep breath, she passed the fruit through the barrier and to her mouth with no trouble. She took a bite and gave a small hum as the flavors spread in her mouth. It wasn't the best thing she had ever tasted but the pure natural flavor would definitely be hard to beat, human world or not. She soon finished the plant and tucked the seed in her waistband, wishing desperately for pockets instead. She looked back to the mermaid and smiled, hoping to show her thanks for the food.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 12:24 am

Nami flashed a smile as well before taking her out of the construction the mermaids had crafted. They took another voyage across fields of anemones, all different colors. Every now and then, Nami would dive into them and emerge a couple yards further, sometimes scaring a small group of guppy-sized fish. She seemed to royally enjoy her time spent with Veronica and did her best to share the best spots. In the distance, for as far as the water would allow vision, the shades of the volcano mouth rising up above them. Nami clearly wasn't old enough to have seen the horrors on the surface, or resembling ones here. Either that, or down here nothing of such gravity ever occurred. She was happy and carefree like a child that was exploring its boundaries. The closer they got to the volcano, the less plantlife appeared, though. The warmth did indicate that it was active, so it would erupt every now and then, eradicating plantlife. Explaining the lack of that near the slopes.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 12:46 am

Veronica's nerves began to build. While the sights were beautiful, the heat slowly began to grow more and more. Veronica was not a expert in science or geology, but she knew they were headed for a volcano and an active one at that. While she could not deny that her interest was piked they would need to be careful. As they slowly made their way to the heat source, Veronica watched as Nami dove in and out of what seemed to be anemones. What shocked her was that Nami was completely unaffected. Clown fish, the only fish able to swim through them, had a special coating that ignored the sting of the animal. Perhaps Nami's scales were too strong to piece with the stings? Veronica swam on secretly thankful for her military training. A normal citizen would have been exhausted by now, and frankly Veronica was barely keeping up. Still it was an interesting experience, one she could not miss. Thus she put more power into her muscles and kept swimming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suprises at the Coast   Suprises at the Coast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suprises at the Coast
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster World Role Play :: Monster World Role Play :: Rhiza - Monster World :: Shyan Coastline-
Jump to: