Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTrial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_voting_barTrial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTrial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_voting_barTrial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:51 pm

He sighed. "Alright fine." He then walked towards the jury again. "Nothing further for now." He then walked back to the table and sat down. The DA then stood up and walked up to the witness stand. "Miss Cohen, so you admit it was your idea to bomb Arakai. However when that failed to ruin the morale, and make them dislike Pendragon even more, why weren't you fired right then?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm

"It wasn't apparent that the plan had failed. It wasn't until the surprise assault the rebellion led that it became clear their resolve had been unshaken. As such it was considered a victory and I kept my job."
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:19 pm

The DA looked to her. "So Miss Cohen, why didn't you try a strike team instead of bombing Arakai. Surely you thought of that and it would have been better." Reinhardt stood up now. "Objection Argumentative."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:35 pm

The judge thought a second, then nodded. "Sustained. Rephrase the question please."

Last edited by Sylveraine on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:37 pm

The DA sighed. "Alright, then surely you thought of using a strike team instead of bombing Arakai. Why didn't you try that first?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Cayden looked at the judge, confused. To her the question was practically the same. But when nobody intervened, she answered. "Well. A strike team would have to be trained on the targets. We'd need a location of the targets base, exact numbers, exact names and armaments. We had none of that. Only partial information was available. So I deemed it less likely to succeed and high risk to the assault team."
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:45 pm

"I see...did you go over any other plans before ending on the bombing of Arakai?" The DA was pacing now. "Or did you really just want to jump straight to bombing it?" Reinhardt stood up again. "Objection Badgering." The DA sighed. "Withdrawn. Did you know how many people would be hurt and killed in the attack?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:49 pm

"I ran the numbers. I knew the results. And I eliminated the other options. Additionally, if any of the rebellion survived, they would need to feed, house and nurse the survivors of said bombing, for which they did not have the resources. As such, putting them in an impossible situation. That aside, yes, I knew how many people would die. But I was told, as was everyone else in our whole department, that we were to not look at them as people, but as enemies, since they harbored the rebels. We were to throw the humanitarian point of view out of the window, an order from the top of the line."
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:53 pm

"I see...now then." He turned to the judge. "Permission to treat the witness as hostile, there was a question she refused to answer once."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:07 pm

The judge nodded at the request. "Granted." Cayden hadn't ever heard of what was being said, but hostile never could mean anything good.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:09 pm

The DA stepped closer to the witness stand. "As asked earlier when you refused to answer. What happened to you when you were captured?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:13 pm

She looked at the DA official. "I told you earlier, I don't want to talk about that. If I didn't answer him what makes you think I'll answer you?"
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:15 pm

"You swore an oath to answer truthfully. If you don't answer I'm sure the judge will hold you in contempt and have you arrested. So will you answer?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:27 pm

"All right. You want an answer? They raped me. They beat me. They yelled at me. I was abused, mentally and physically, for 4 days straight. By YOUR people, YOUR so-called rescuers. You come here, talk your shit about justice, but you don't know jack shit about justice. You hear someone shot another and you think it's justice to put that person away or hang 'm, but you know absolutely nothing about the history between them. Take your stupid pathetic excuse of justice and you can shove it-" she got interrupted by not just the judge, but quite a loud public as well.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:35 pm

The DA stopped and looked to her. "I...see. Nothing further." The DA then walked back to their table "At this time the prosecution has no more witnesses or evidence." The DA said before sitting down. Reinhardt then stood up. "The Defense has no more questions or witnesses as well."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Cayden was allowed to walk back to her seat, but did so under huge protest. She'd slammed the little door of the stand almost into splinters. As she sat down, the judge declared they'd have to withdraw for now and convene with the Jury on what the results of the trials would eventually be. As they all went behind the scenes, Cayden had her arms wrapped around her middle and looked down, at her shoes, away from everything around her.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Reinhardt looked to Cayden. "Hey...sorry about asking that question and opening it up for the DA to ask it. How are you holding up?"
Back to top Go down
Nyuu-Chan353
Supporter
Supporter
Nyuu-Chan353

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Astraria and the rest of the jury were dismissed for deliberation.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:54 pm

She ignored him completely. All she wanted was to just have this over with. She hated that DA official for their stupidity. The DA knew what happened during her capture, Reinhardt had told them. After this all was over, she'd definitely sue them for mental harassment and bringing up the past. But then again, so did Reinhardt. Might as well take him along with it.
Back to top Go down
Shade
VIP User
VIP User
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 12:20 am

"Cayden...I hope you understand why I asked that question. I wanted them to feel sympathy for you. I'm sorry if I opened your old wounds." He was looking at her. "Are you alright though?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 12:36 am

She was about to break her silence, as the judges and jury returned from session. The hall went silent as they all took their respective seats. After a brief silence, the judge finally started talking. "As agreed to by this court, Cayden Cohen has been found guilty for the planning and execution of the bombing of Arakai City. However, due to the circumstances around her work situation, the death penalty will be rejected. As such, if miss Cohen truly does regret her actions, this court has agreed she is to work for the New Pendragon Government, assisting in the rebuilding of Arakai City and the reunion of families broken apart due to the attack. She will not be allowed a position of power at any point in her life, anymore. She will be under continuous monitoring from the state and shall be on your watch, Mr. LaCoeur. She'll be your responsibility. The circumstances of Miss Cohen's capture did not affect this case and as such have not been taken into account. Miss Cohen, you do retain the right to press charges against those who committed to these crimes you mentioned." He looked around the hall a second, then adjourned the trial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes   Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trial - Conviction for Major Crimes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2