Monster World Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World Role Play

A Place to hang out and Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Sett, the Boss

Our users have posted a total of 45444 messages in 791 subjects
Top posters
Nyuu-Chan353 (9102)
Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_vote_lcapMeetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_voting_barMeetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Sylveraine (8386)
Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_vote_lcapMeetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_voting_barMeetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Xepher (4313)
Shade (2372)
Gambler of Legend (2145)
steafen (1979)
Princess Luna (1894)
violink4swords (1532)
Omega Shadow (1156)
Ryder Rowds (1084)

Meetings and misunderstanding

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:23 pm

The minute passed in silence as Jing walked to the meeting place. Eventually, the location came into sight, Kid waiting.

"Nice to see you again, Kid."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Kid greeted the pair, as Carmen stayed about a meter behind Jing. "Glad you could make it. Though, before you start talking about anything, I want to suggest we go elsewhere, say your place. For the sake of privacy."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Jing almost slapped himself. Kid was correct, and Carmen and him had just wasted time coming to meet Kid just to turn around. Kid probably should have just met them at the apartment. Jing nodded and led the way back to his current residence. Hopefully the walk back would not be in silence.

"Have you met anyone of interest?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:35 pm

"No. However I do have a new target. It is said that there's a Demon dwindling in the Arakai Outskirts, trying to recruit people. One of the informants has gotten the offer to join Millennium. And oddly enough, I have been given the order to eliminate the target. I think, we both will do good if we keep this one alive, for some answers."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Lovely, another target. Jing nodded his agreement. The more info the better. He cast a glance back to Carmen. Would she be able to handle it though?

"When do you want to apprehend the target?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:44 pm

"I'll need a day or two to keep an eye on him, see what it's all about, give it some space to develop. But I need to do this on my own. It's how I work. No offense towards either of you."

Carmen ignored the guy almost completely, and simply walked along from a slight distance.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Jing sighed. He wanted to be there to collect the information but suppressed the urge. Kid was a pro and screwing up his work would be foolish. The group soon reached the apartment and Jing let them in.

"Carmen and I check a good part of downtown yesterday, any area you suggest we focus on next?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:57 pm

Kid sat down at the table. "I don't know. My suggestion would be somewhere the Slums, but that's one of the more dangerous locations as well."

Carmen went to the kitchen and put some water up for tea. She didn't feel good at all with that guy around.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 am

"I think I can handle the slums. I can mask my angel presence if necessary. Plus Carmen is with me."
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:12 am

"And is she up to the task? Not sure if that's a good plan."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:17 am

Leave to Kid to notice the little things. Carmen was keeping up her acting well but Kid saw through her easily. It had taken Jing about 4 hours to notice something was wrong with her. It had taken Kid 4 minutes. Jing internally shuddered at Kid's abilities. He did not want to be this man's enemy.

"I will have to speak with her. The last outing we did may have shaken her."

Jing had been too confident in her abilities, not surprising seeing as she had made quite the first impression. He would have to to have a long talk with her. Consequences be damned, he needed to have a viable partner. If she couldn't handle it...well he would cross that bridge if he came to it.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:24 am

Kid and Jing discussed a few more matters, such as means of communication, and the longer terms of the target he had. They'd agreed that Kid would capture him, sedate him and keep him in a warehouse near the slums. He'd then report to the Council that the job was done, while Jing got time to interrogate the target. With most details discussed, Kid decided he'd best get going to his own house, seen he was possibly being tracked by the Council itself.

Carmen had let the guy out, and found some real peace when he was gone. She gave a sigh upon closing the door, turned around and saw Jing looking at her. "What?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:33 am

"We need to talk." He motioned for Carmen to sit. Now... to handle this with care or to dive straight to the point? Professionally he would avoid wasting time. On the other hand human females were not always emotionally stable if hat he had heard held any weight. He decided he would be direct but he would rather avoid hurting Carmen feelings. Jing frowned. What should it matter what she feels? He shook his head to clear it, no need for distracting thought now. When she did he began.

"Since we killed the man following us, you have been acting strange, why?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:54 am

"You say I act strange only after the man got killed, but you think pulling a gun on someones head to show them the loyalty is perfectly normal? You seem to have some odd values there." Her quick thinking gave her something to nail him on, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:21 am

She was stalling and Jing didn't want to play another round of interrogation. On another day Jing would have loved to battle Carmen in a duel of intelligence but he needed answers. Unfortunately for her, Jing wasn't collecting all the info he could, he was focusing on a single piece of information. He would make sure the conversation didn't stray.

"If I recall you were trying to make a point. I never said it was normal. What I want to know is why you vomited after the death of the Millennium member and were crying in the room upstairs when I came to talk to you?"

Jing wasn't deaf. It wasn't like Kid's voice had drowned out all other sound.
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:00 am

She looked at him, practically stared him to death. "I have personal reasons to do what I do. I didn't hear you complain about all the time in the city, or the time walking around, or the time sitting here. All it takes, is me to actually show some slight degree of emotion, and suddenly you want to know why? I'll tell you why, it's because I'm human, and unlike other races, I'm not ice cold or couldn't care less about things that happen. I do care, and I do feel." For the first time since they'd been there she felt she was getting angry. Always those Angels and Demons knowing better.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:49 am

Jing matched her glace with his own and repressed the urge to laugh in Carmen's face. Did she really think that? That Demons and Angel could care less about life?

"You think we don't have emotions? That Angels and demons don't care about others? Why do you think I do this job? To enjoy in the feeling of blood on my hands?" Just because we are not human does not mean we don't feel emotions."

Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 am

"And just how much emotion went circulating when I pulled that trigger. How much did you feel, looking and that mans brain all over the wall."
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 am

If Jing was honest with himself he felt nothing when Carmen killed the man. He could lie to Carmen and say he suppressed his emotion but lying would get him nowhere.

"I felt nothing, the man was working for an organization that wants to incite a war. You were the one to pull the trigger even though I said we should jail him. I agreed with the logic you presented for his death and your reasoning was justified. His death save hundreds maybe even thousands. How many thousands or millions would have died if he continued to work for Millennium?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:08 am

She punched him in the gut. "And think of this! He had a mother, a father, who knows brothers or sisters, a family that cared for him, and because he made a choice all of that is just gone. Years of raising him, him growing up, all that history he made wiped away with one move! How the actual hell can you feel nothing, knowing that happened!?" Tears had started to swell up in her eyes. She'd never become this emotional about anything. Not in her career, that is. Was she growing soft?
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 am

Rage. He felt the rage building inside him since they began to speak but he needed to endure. She was having the same effect on him. He was afraid to admit it but she was uncovering emotions that he buried years ago. Why her? Why now?

"You don't think I though of that? What about all the families that would have lost love ones if Millennium succeeds? Do you know why I do this job? My father was a little too important when I was child. My family was a little too well known. I remember my families corpses on display when I returned home that day. I feel apart that day but I scraped myself together. I took this job so there won't be others like me."

He looked at Carmen, his eyes piercing into hers. "How can you focus solely on the life you took without looking at the lives you saved? Does that mean nothing to you?"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:34 am

She lashed out, and the back of her hand clashed hard with Jings cheek. "If you have the guts to say that again, I'll forget to let loose the clip next time I put that gun on your pretty face. I do care about the ones saved, but I don't see their brains splattered all over the wall, do I?"
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 am

Strike two. Both literally and figuratively. Jing rubbed the cheek of his 'pretty face.' He was reaching his limit and would snap soon.

"So what is your solution then? You don't want to kill your enemies but you want to save the innocents? You don't want to spill blood their blood, but your enemy is perfectly ready to spill yours. What is your solution?!"
Back to top Go down
Sylveraine
Designer
Designer
Sylveraine

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:48 am

"I'm not saying we should just let them all live! But each time that someone dies, a history goes away with them, and it hurts me as well, whether it's a friend or an enemy! Are you so dense that you can't even feel any of that?!" Carmen had a strong urge to put a bullet in the guys leg to see if maybe he felt that.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
VIP User
VIP User
Omega Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:43 pm

If she felt pain for the enemy then what was she doing here? She knew they were going to come in contact with people that would need to be eliminated, so why take a job that makes your stomach turn?

"I have already felt the pain your feeling. After the first few death the sharp pain started to dull after the next dozen the pain was a dull throb. This world is not a peaceful place and this is not the first time I have had to kill to make it a better one. If we act and eliminate Millennium most of their followers will die. If we don't act thousands of innocents will perish. If you can see a way we can get through this with minimal causalities on each side then by all means speak up."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meetings and misunderstanding    Meetings and misunderstanding  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meetings and misunderstanding
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next